Favourite Thing About Where Your SO Lives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by books View Post
    My SO lives in rural Nicaragua and I love how we can just be sitting on the porch and when I mention to him that I want some coconut juice, he will get up, grab his machete, climb up a tree right next to the house, and chop down a coconut for me. Then he will use the same machete to cut the coconut open, making it perfect to drink from

I also love that 'adios' is used as a greeting and you actually sit down and chat with your neighbors (not the case in NYC!)
    Pipas!! I love Granada so much. People just sit in their rocking chairs on the street and talk until the wee hours of the night. So much more inviting that the broken glass and razor wire in San Jose.

Comment

La Crosse, Wisconsin has much better weather than anywhere in Texas. The bus is cheaper and the bus drivers are nicer. The hotel we stayed in was one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in for such a cheap price. There's a lot of mom and pop's stuff. Downtown La Crosse is interesting, vibrant, lively, but without being anywhere near as dangerous as Downtown Dallas is. There's a lot of creative businesses up there too. There's a place called Deaf Ear Records and on one of the doors, there's this huge painting of Gene Simmons and it says "Staff Only - Stay Out or Gene Will Bite Your Ear Off" or something to that degree. I have a picture of it from two weeks ago, but have been going through the other ones first. It's just such a beautiful, nice, friendly place. It's nothing like Carrollton or Dallas to me. It feels more like home than Carrollton and not just because of my boyfriend being there.
      candi ❤ austin
      ღ5.11.2011ღ
      ❤ First Meeting [Texas] 2.17.2012 - 2.23.2012 ❤
      ❤ Second Visit [Wisconsin] 4.23.2012 - 4.30.2012 ❤
      ❤ Got Engaged 5.11.2012 ❤
      ❤ Closed The Distance June 24th, 2012 ❤
      [/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by CandiCandi View Post
        La Crosse, Wisconsin has much better weather than anywhere in Texas.
        My parents used to live just south of Milwaukee in Racine county!! Crazy-ness. I did love the weather there-especially in comparison to this Texas heat...

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
        Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
        Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
          My parents used to live just south of Milwaukee in Racine county!! Crazy-ness. I did love the weather there-especially in comparison to this Texas heat...
          Exactly. My SO always tells me he's worried about how I would react to the humidity in La Crosse. He told me it's suffocating and I told him "Yes, but Texas is 120 drop dead on the street degrees" and he said "Good point" Lol. I leave to close the distance in July, but am hoping to God we don't push this to August. It's gonna be a hot trip on that bus. Lol. I am going to feel like I am in Heaven once we hit Missouri. The route is the same as I did last time and Kansas City, Missouri is where I felt the temperature drop. When I came home, we hit Oklahoma and I was like, "Great. I am not in the North anymore..." and my body's been freaking out to the readjustment from really freezing rain, cold days, and not too hot, not too cold days again.
          candi ❤ austin
          ღ5.11.2011ღ
          [/CENTER]

Comment

CANADA!
            God, what it not to like about Canada?
            • Bryan Adams
            • Igloos
            • Mounties
            • Prairie Grass
            • The Rockies
            • Bison Burgers
            • Back Bacon
            • Hockey
            • Snow 12 months of the year
            • The Aurora Borealis
            • Frank Slide
            • Bob & Doug
            • Timmy's
            • Moose
            • Safeway and Co-op
            • Accents, eh
            • Salmon
            • Banff Springs Hotel
            • Dark Chocolate
            • Maple Syrup and snow
            • Curling
            • Donuts & Beer

But what do I like the most?........ the food. Hands down, Canadians know how to cook.
            They should. After all, they spend all of their time indoors getting out of the -20c temps and 10cms of snow they got overnight. Cooking is like a sport up there

I love you, sweetheart. <3

Last edited by LoveL; May 9, 2012, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LoveL View Post
              ALIENS

I love you too honey <3

Comment

Originally posted by lademoiselle View Post
                Haha, it's funny because to me as a Londoner that's one of the most ordinary things in the world!
                Where I live it's usually cafes and ice cream shops. There are a few biergartens, like more German style. I like the cafe culture, but I really like pubs too, the banter, atmosphere, etc. It's something quintessentially English, as you said. Love it.

Originally posted by Eclaire View Post
                The people. I have to say that Dubliners, though some have the typical big city feel (then again, when I go to San Francisco, I get it there too), are the friendliest Europeans I have met.
                I agree, they're awesome haven't been there since 2002, but I remember it was a crazy week. Went with a friend for holidays and during the week we met so many people who just randomly started talking to us without being creepy, showed us around, took us to pubs and clubs and just treated us like we've been friends for ages.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

I love so much about the bay area in California. How can I decide for one thing? Al right, I'll try. Maybe it'll have to be the food then. Until I went there I had no idea what burritos were and how fantastic they can be I'm not kidding here. In Europe, at least not where I've been, Mexican food isn't even nearly as good.

But I still want to add a few more: amazing landscapes, amazing cities like San Francisco. Fantastic. It has so much to offer. The weather. I love, love,love the sun. The people: everybody is so nice over there. Even if it's just the guy who works at starbucks and starts a conversation with you about who you are and so on and so on. That would never happen in Germany haha. People's attitudes and the easy goin lifestyle. There is probably so much more I now forget to mention

Comment

Originally posted by LoveL View Post
                    CANADA!
                    God, what it not to like about Canada?
                    • Bryan Adams
                    • Igloos
                    • Mounties
                    • Prairie Grass
                    • The Rockies
                    • Bison Burgers
                    • Back Bacon
                    • Hockey
                    • Snow 12 months of the year
                    • The Aurora Borealis
                    • Frank Slide
                    • Bob & Doug
                    • Timmy's
                    • Moose
                    • Safeway and Co-op
                    • Accents, eh
                    • Salmon
                    • Banff Springs Hotel
                    • Dark Chocolate
                    • Maple Syrup and snow
                    • Curling
                    • Donuts & Beer

But what do I like the most?........ the food. Hands down, Canadians know how to cook.
                    They should. After all, they spend all of their time indoors getting out of the -20c temps and 10cms of snow they got overnight. Cooking is like a sport up there

I love you, sweetheart. <3

To be fair, we only have snow about 5 months of the year most years!! But that post made me sooo homesick, haha.

What do I love about Ireland??
                    Well, for starters, every time I go, it feels like going home. Probably helps that I lived there for a year, but I love that it's so familiar, and cures any bout of homesickness I've felt for the North Country!
                    Specifically, I love the accents, the cities, the food, how friendly the people are, the odd phrases people use, the pubs, lock-ins, the landscape... Ehh I could go on and on. I miss it.

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                    Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Exactly. My SO always tells me he's worried about how I would react to the humidity in La Crosse. He told me it's suffocating and I told him "Yes, but Texas is 120 drop dead on the street degrees" and he said "Good point" Lol. I leave to close the distance in July, but am hoping to God we don't push this to August. It's gonna be a hot trip on that bus. Lol. I am going to feel like I am in Heaven once we hit Missouri. The route is the same as I did last time and Kansas City, Missouri is where I felt the temperature drop. When I came home, we hit Oklahoma and I was like, "Great. I am not in the North anymore..." and my body's been freaking out to the readjustment from really freezing rain, cold days, and not too hot, not too cold days again.
                      Luckily I have only been here since January, but seriously, 90+ degrees in April is just not cool (Ha.). So not looking forward to the next couple of months....

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                      Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                      Progress: Working on it.

Comment

My fiance (first time typing that! lol) lives in california. I love the weather and foood! Oh and the shopping

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
                          Luckily I have only been here since January, but seriously, 90+ degrees in April is just not cool (Ha.). So not looking forward to the next couple of months....
                          90 degrees in April isn't anything compared to what it will be soon. Like I said, I welcome this humidity thing my boyfriend speaks of, lol. August is our hottest month and we actually literally do get up to 120 degrees in the summer. Try to be as prepared as possible.
                          candi ❤ austin
                          ღ5.11.2011ღ
                          [/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by efish1042 View Post
                            Well of course, the fact that my SO is there kinda makes the place for me

It's Tampa. Honestly, I'm not really a big city girl, but I think what I like most about the place is the university. The university is probably the nicest thing about that area of Tampa. That and one of my other friends lives there, too. I'll probably find more to like about it when I move there. As it is, I've spent most of my time there in his house.
                            You have to go to the Tampa Aquarium. My SO and I went there when he visited and it's really fun!

Also, Gasparilla is a must but it's not as fun if you can't drink :P

My SO lives in the middle of nowhere. I love the woods and horses!

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                            Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                            Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                            Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                            Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

90 degrees in April isn't anything compared to what it will be soon. Like I said, I welcome this humidity thing my boyfriend speaks of, lol. August is our hottest month and we actually literally do get up to 120 degrees in the summer. Try to be as prepared as possible.
                              Man there is a huge difference between humidity heat and dry south west heat. Not saying 120 isn't hot, but I'm from the south east where it gets pretty hot too. We have days 100+ with 100% humidity. Talk about never wanting to leave the house. When I went to Utah to work one summer the reports would say 95 degrees, I was like NO EFFING WAY! It felt a billion times cooler than the humid 95 I'm used to out east.

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Man there is a huge difference between humidity heat and dry south west heat. Not saying 120 isn't hot, but I'm from the south east where it gets pretty hot too. We have days 100+ with 100% humidity. Talk about never wanting to leave the house. When I went to Utah to work one summer the reports would say 95 degrees, I was like NO EFFING WAY! It felt a billion times cooler than the humid 95 I'm used to out east.

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                                All I know is the hot days in Wisconsin I did experience were nothing compared. They weren't really humid which is why my boyfriend mentioned that it gets worse, but I also have this thing where I get sick in hot temperatures and feel better in cooler weather. I know when I got home though there was a day already it said we had 75 degrees and I had gone for a walk to get cat food and I was like, there's no way that's 75 degrees. Same experience as you. The weather man lies. I'd believe Santa Claus came down my roof before I believed it was 75 degrees that day, lol.
                                candi ❤ austin
                                ღ5.11.2011ღ
                                [/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                                X