Favourite Thing About Where Your SO Lives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CandiCandi View Post
    All I know is the hot days in Wisconsin I did experience were nothing compared. They weren't really humid which is why my boyfriend mentioned that it gets worse, but I also have this thing where I get sick in hot temperatures and feel better in cooler weather. I know when I got home though there was a day already it said we had 75 degrees and I had gone for a walk to get cat food and I was like, there's no way that's 75 degrees. Same experience as you. The weather man lies. I'd believe Santa Claus came down my roof before I believed it was 75 degrees that day, lol.
    Honestly I wouldn't expect Wisconsin to be that humid. Maybe your SO needs to take a trip to South Carolina, Georgia or Louisiana and experience real humidity

Comment

90 degrees in April isn't anything compared to what it will be soon. Like I said, I welcome this humidity thing my boyfriend speaks of, lol. August is our hottest month and we actually literally do get up to 120 degrees in the summer. Try to be as prepared as possible.
      I have already started hydrating in preparation for it.... (And I'm used to it being 40-50 degrees in April, which is why I was so unhappy about it.)

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
      Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
      Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
        Honestly I wouldn't expect Wisconsin to be that humid. Maybe your SO needs to take a trip to South Carolina, Georgia or Louisiana and experience real humidity
        Lol! Maybe. He came down here and liked our weather, but I was surprised at the weather when he was here. It was actually decent in February. He was originally supposed to come see me in May, but I'm so glad that didn't happen. So. Freaking. Hot. I totally believe Southern humidity is different than Northern. Again, I so entirely welcome the Northern "humidity". I've been in Louisiana before too when my grandpa used to have to drive out there for work. Wisconsin is so nice compared. Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana are all places I've been in the south and it's a big fat "No, thank you" lol.

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
        I have already started hydrating in preparation for it.... (And I'm used to it being 40-50 degrees in April, which is why I was so unhappy about it.)
        Good deal on the hydrating thing. I'd also suggest getting some desk fans. I have ceiling fans, desk fans, and A/C going because it's that hot in the house. Seriously. I am ready for 40-50 degrees in April. That's what I got two weeks ago and I want it back. Even the freezing rain with worms in the street is better.
        candi ❤ austin
        ღ5.11.2011ღ
        ❤ First Meeting [Texas] 2.17.2012 - 2.23.2012 ❤
        ❤ Second Visit [Wisconsin] 4.23.2012 - 4.30.2012 ❤
        ❤ Got Engaged 5.11.2012 ❤
        ❤ Closed The Distance June 24th, 2012 ❤
        [/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
          In comparison, it's not. But it does get pretty humid there. I've experienced both north&south humidity... two South Carolina summers, three Wisconsin summers, two Georgia summers and about to experience my first Texas summer.. haven't had to experience a southwest summer though.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Lol! Maybe. He came down here and liked our weather, but I was surprised at the weather when he was here. It was actually decent in February. He was originally supposed to come see me in May, but I'm so glad that didn't happen. So. Freaking. Hot. I totally believe Southern humidity is different than Northern. Again, I so entirely welcome the Northern "humidity". I've been in Louisiana before too when my grandpa used to have to drive out there for work. Wisconsin is so nice compared. Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana are all places I've been in the south and it's a big fat "No, thank you" lol.

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Good deal on the hydrating thing. I'd also suggest getting some desk fans. I have ceiling fans, desk fans, and A/C going because it's that hot in the house. Seriously. I am ready for 40-50 degrees in April. That's what I got two weeks ago and I want it back. Even the freezing rain with worms in the street is better.
          Luckily the office I work in is always freeeezing... But I'll have to think about getting a couple of fans for my apartment. Thanks for the tip!

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
          Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
          Progress: Working on it.

Comment

I'd say the best part about where my SO lives is all the local food. There's a lot of culture going on there, with the traditional American eateries and diners, Mexican, Indian, Japanese, and compared to the food I have while I'm eating out in England, it's so damn good!

Comment

Tax Free shopping in New Hampshire.

That's probably the most awesome thing about it for a shopaholic like myself

It's also beautiful in the fall with the leave changing. Florida really doesn't have much in the way of changes in seasons and while I despise cold weather, I think it's gorgeous in NH in October.

Comment

My SO lives in Michigan, and I think the best thing about it is definitely the great lakes and the sand dunes! I always thought that being a New Englander I'd seen everything when it came to beaches but all the pure Michigan commercials are right, it's beautiful. He lives in a "Dutch" town, and the downtown is so nice. They also have a lot of festivals (Tulip Time) and I think that's really neat. Oh and they have the best fried dough (you can't call it fried dough without someone complaining that they're call elephant ears)!

Comment

I've never actually visited my SO but compared to a gross hot dusty desert I'm sure the woods of upstate New York are gorgeous and the weather must be to die for. >.>

Notes:
                  Met: 8.17.09
                  Started Dating: 8.20.09
                  First Met: 10.2.10
                  Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

My SO lives in Cambridge England. I love history and historical architecture, so King's College Chapel and walking down along the river Cam behind, over the bridge of sighs. Just walking through it's amazing. Having a chip shop on every corner is awesome!

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
                    And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

My SO lives in Boston....I would have to say the beaches, the harbor...Just the city of Boston its self. Its a very clean city and for odd reason I like that...Also Quincys market/ Faneuil hall.

Comment

I love America! I'm just as much in love with America as with my SO!

But Utah, where he lives, the landscape is amazing.. Surrounded by mountains.. Amazing! And then the Salt Lake, and Utah lake... So so sooo pretty! Holland is just flat and green -__-
                        \\ Someday everything will all make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything //
                        \\ happens for a reason //

\\ We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing //

\\ When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” //
                        \\They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, I told them they didn’t understand life!! //

Comment

We haven't explored much of Norfolk, yet... but my favorite thing so far about where Dylan lives is the fact that he lives there and how relaxing it is to be with him and away from all of my responsibilities in Baltimore. Family can reach me by phone, but I rarely look at it. (Since most of our contact is through technology, we try to avoid it when we have 'We Two' time). I also really love the fact that there's so much history so close, battlefields and museums and such; and the fact that it will forever be the place where I first learned how to fire a handgun. Dylan took me to the range and I had the most amazing time. And by all accounts, I'm not too bad at it

And even though when we close the distance in 295 days it will be to move up here with me, I'll love Norfolk forever
                          My motor runs a lover's heartbeat
                          It's just me and you
                          Put the pedal to the metal
                          Baby, turn the radio on
                          We can run to the far side of nowhere
                          We can run 'til the days are gone

Comment

My SO lives in Texas in a small town, like me, but everything is really close to it. Like Galveston, which is pretty beautiful....
                            sigpic
                            Not to get clever
                            but with you I see forever
                            But whatever it is,
                            Here's to you,
                            I Love You Kid...

Comment

Working...
                            X