Never give up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never give up!

My last thread had mentioned the break of my boyfriend and I about a month ago. We knew we had some things we had to work out and we had to balance out our new schedules. We had taken each other for granted that the other had to work to fit the other's schedule, we had become so stressed with school that we were becoming irritated with one another, the passion between us was dwindling, and there were many other things. We had lost our focus in our own lives and on one another.

Well, we couldn't COMPLETELY stay away from one another and we were texting from time to time. We didn't enjoy being so distance, but we knew we had to bust through the last few weeks of our schools. We had to reanalyze our relationship. It was the whole concept of "you don't realize what you have until it's gone", which you never hope will happen to you, but as humans, we somehow manage to hurt the ones we love the most. We both agreed that we wanted more than anything to make this work.

Two weeks ago, he had finished up his finals and went back home for his one week break before his summer classes start. Last week, while he was on vacation, I was finishing up my finals. My last one was on Thursday and I had been studying like a madman the entire week. On Wednesday, around noon, my doorbell rang. I opened the door to see Marc standing there with a bag in hand, smiling at me. I was shaking and thought I was going to throw up (in a good way, if that makes any sense). He had come to win my heart back and to work things out in person. He also believed we both need a break once my last final was over and that he was willing to help me study for that.

He stayed from Wednesday until today. We've had some wonderful trips, but this one was by far the best. We didn't do anything special, we didn't go anywhere crazy, we just spent the time with one another. He helped me study and I ended up passing my last final with flying colors. Then, to add onto all of the wonderful things that were going right for us, I received my acceptance letter to my local nursing program.

SO! This has been a crazy, wonderful, rollercoaster of a week/weekend. I am happy to say that the break is over and we are moving forward with a more mature view from this. He gave me a kiss and once we parted at the airport, I received a text message from him saying, "Thank you for always being there for me. I couldn't ask for a better partner. I'm so glad that we managed to work things out. I love you and I'll talk to you soon. We'll bring you to Florida as soon as we can "

*~*~*Forever & Always*~*~*

Thats great to hear!

This is really inspiring to me, Im so happy for you guys.

Comment

I'm so happy for you!!

When you can't live without someone, I think that's the best indication you've found once-in-a-lifetime love.

Congrats, sweetheart, and stay strong!!
      "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

It's amazing to see that it doesn't mean that a breake up is definite

I am happy to hear that you talked things out and decided to be together again. welcome back

Comment

thats really good to see that you really have worked it out and are back together better than ever .

and wow you guys started your relationship a long time ago! itd be hard to just forget a relationship that long
          Met Online: February 2009
          Feelings grew: January 2011
          First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
          Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
          Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
          Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
          Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
          Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
          Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
          Engaged: 1st of July 2012
          Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
          Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
          Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
          Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
          Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
          Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

That sounds really great.
            It's so romantic in some way to find out that you really can't be without the other person and that love is so much stronger than the distance.
            Stay strong and thanks for sharing.

Comment

I'm delighted for the two of you I hope you continue to go from strength to strength!

Comment

Aww! Glad to hear it all worked out! Wishing you both all the best.
                ♥ Erika & Thomas ♥
                ♥ Est. January 13, 2011 ♥ Became LDR July 1, 2011 ♥ Christmas visit December 24 - 29, 2011 ♥ Closed the distance June 2, 2012 ♥

♪ Cause with you I'd withstand all of it to hold your hand ♫

Comment

Always good to hear a success story! We seem to have had lots of bad stories recently so hopefully this has broken the trend!

Comment

It's wonderful to hear how things worked out for you. Best wishes for the future!

Comment

Awwwwwwwwwwwww~!
                      I'm so happy for you~!
                      <3
                      ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

Comment

I am so excited to hear that you are back together! Especially a love as long as you two, you deserve to be together. =]

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Originally posted by LoveL View Post
                            This is so appropriate [hearted] Thank you for the good laugh

*~*~*Forever & Always*~*~*

Comment

Aww that's so romantic! I'm so happy for you! :]

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                              Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                              Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                              Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                              Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Working...
                              X