Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meeting My SO Of Nearly One Year For The First Time Saturday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Secrecy View Post
    The usual worries: namely, will he think I'm pretty enough when he sees me in person as opposed to photos and webcam? Weird worry, I know, but you can look totally different in webcam over person. I'm sure the moment I see him, it'll be absolutely no problem (can't say the same for him though!) but until then... AUGHAGHFbjdskbvdfb.
    I felt EXACTLY the same before I met my SO. We had known each other online for 2 whole years before we decided to meet and see if a relationship was going to work out (it did ). He was the one who flew the 23 hours to get to Melbourne and I was waiting at 5am outside the gate to pick him up.

Before meeting, like even weeks before I would have insane butterflies and be so nervous, I was so worried that after knowing each other so long that he would have built up in his mind that I was amazing or something, but I'm just a normal person lol. I wasn't worried at all about what I would think of him.

Anyway, we decided that he would give me a "sign" to show me that he was feeling the same about me after meeting me, so for instance; he would only give me a hug if it was "right". When we hugged I also tried to pull away pretty quickly and he said "i'm not done yet" - another sign . When we got back to my car to drive back to my house he also put his hand on my leg! I could barely concentrate on the road lol. So yeah, those were the "signs" and really helped settle my nerves.

We also told each other what we would be wearing to help kill that fear of "omg what if we don't recognize each other!" funnily enough we still tell each other what we will be wearing when we see each other again, Its just nice to know . I didn't even look at what he was wearing when I first saw him though, There were 3 doors in a row at arrivals and he was going to come out of one of the 3 doors.. it was like watching tennis! as soon as I saw him, he looked straight at me and we both had such goofy smiles on our faces.

It really is quite a bizarre feeling to finally see them in front of you.. and to realize they are pretty much the same, takes a little to get used to
    Met Online: February 2009
    Feelings grew: January 2011
    First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
    Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
    Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
    Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
    Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
    Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
    Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
    Engaged: 1st of July 2012
    Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
    Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
    Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
    Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
    Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
    Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

I still remember our first meeting so clearly. We'd been friends online for over half a year and we only started developing feelings for each other 3 months prior to us meeting. We never called each other bf/gf just because we wanted to meet to make sure first. So anyway I went to pick him up at the airport and i actually got there early. I was so nervous! I kept going outside for a cigarette and we must've missed each other. I didnt see him walk out the gate and then....i got a message on skype! From him! I was like "omg...did he not get on the plane? did he change his mind?!" I dont really remember what was said between us on skype cause i was so confused lol. He was then like, "im on the computer i couldnt see you, inside or in the smoking area" And then i looked over and he stood up and i just froze. He came over said hey, i looked at him smiled sheepishly and said hey and promptly my head looked down at the floor again.

Apparently i went bright tomato red, he hugged me and still i wasnt moving lol. He literally dragged me out of the airport. I have never acted like that >.< i had it all planned out in my head though! I was gonna be all cool and sexy...yeah no chance haha. Thing is we had never webcammed up to that point, i hadnt even seen a photo of him (except a thumbnail) and i had only sent him a photo of me a day or so before he left to come see me. So yeah, didnt know what he looked like but omg i think it's cause he's so hot i just froze haha. but no i wont tell him that xD. Anyway back to the story, we hardly spoke while walking to my car, didnt hold hands or anything, when we got into the car he reached over and stroked my hair, then my face and just pulled me in gently for a kiss. It was amazing! On the drive home he kept touching me, my legs, my neck, my hair...omg i was so distracted. He told me later that he wanted to tease me cause i was so nervous and cute, he wanted to see how red i could get >.< He's mean! Anyway that was 3 years ago and everytime seeing him at the airport is just amazing. Imma miss that when we become CD.

Oh btw...just to add it probably wasnt a smart move to invite him over to my house (and really it's just me at the house) for over 6 weeks for our first meeting w/o having spoken to him on webcam (we did skype a hell of a lot), it's a red flag for a lot of people and rightly so. And i met him alone! luckily he's no axe murdering rapist but yes! Sorry but i still maintain never to meet your online partner on your own, you just never know.

Comment

Ohhhh I'm happy for you : D
        It's so exciting right~!?

Yes it's stressful (a good stress mind you!)
        It took all my courage to meet him the 1st time.
        He's the one who came to canada to meet me as well
        And I picked him up at the airport, I was there like 2 hours in advance.
        I was walking everywhere and probably looking like a tard!
        I was soooooooooo anxious and nervous.... and also shy.

But then, after the first few minutes, I knew.
        This was special, I've found the one I was looking for since a long time.
        And I couldn't be happier

Enjoy meeting your SO, u'll cherish that moment
        ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

I've never had a first meeting but I just wanted to say good luck! I'm sure everything will go just fine!

Comment

Originally posted by ChibiFelicia View Post
            Oh btw...just to add it probably wasnt a smart move to invite him over to my house (and really it's just me at the house) for over 6 weeks for our first meeting w/o having spoken to him on webcam (we did skype a hell of a lot), it's a red flag for a lot of people and rightly so. And i met him alone! luckily he's no axe murdering rapist but yes! Sorry but i still maintain never to meet your online partner on your own, you just never know.
            Oh I definitely agree there. Thankfully, I've spoken to him on the phone for quite a long time, have webcammed with him very very often, spoke to his friends on Facebook, HAVE him on Facebook, etc... And I can see a consistency between all those, hah hah! Not to mention he's skinnier and weighs less than me. I could probably break the poor man in half. But had I never seen him on webcam before, I wouldn't have gone, even with someone else. I would need some confirmation first that he's really who he says he is, and not 50 years old with just a strangely young sounding voice. xD

Originally posted by Jazi View Post
            Anyway, we decided that he would give me a "sign" to show me that he was feeling the same about me after meeting me, so for instance; he would only give me a hug if it was "right". When we hugged I also tried to pull away pretty quickly and he said "i'm not done yet" - another sign . When we got back to my car to drive back to my house he also put his hand on my leg! I could barely concentrate on the road lol. So yeah, those were the "signs" and really helped settle my nerves.
            I think that's a really good idea! Like I said, I'm not INSANELY worried, but still I little; I'm kind of a self-conscious individual. But the two things that turn me off most about myself are my skin (I have high testosterone, and as such, it's made me have problems with break outs for a very long time), and my teeth (one is pretty darn crooked, and my parents never had the money to get me braces). I guess I have issues with comparing myself to others (who doesn't?), and I've seen all of his exes and they are all darn GORGEOUS. Guess I feel like I might not compare?

I've said this time and time again, and he never seemed to have a problem. He says he likes me just the way I am. I sure hope so, because I sure know that I really like him!

Comment

Aww, good luck hey!
              Don't worry, he'll like you just the way you are, he might just be worrying about the same thing aswell

I've already known my SO for 4 years but I can still relate to these amazing stories! Everytime I wait for him at the airport or when I fly out there I feel all nervous and ill be anticipating on how the meet up will go! Just love flying out there and seeing him again after months!! next time however will be the last time!

Comment

I like how this thread brings back so many good memories for a lot of us. (:

The first time we met was after a 22 hour plane ride. Not the best situation, but I still remember dropping my airport cart and other bags to rush to hug him as soon as we could see each other. We just stood there, my suitcases and us two blocking the other people from exiting easily. First thing he said to me after "Hi" was "you're so 3D!"

Comment

Working...
                X