No announcement yet.

Is Your SO Emotionally Supportive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well my SO deals with emotional people a lot so I think he's lost his ability to emotionally react but he still talks me through it and usually has unbiased advice. Sometimes that comes off to me as lack of care but I know it's not.

Now your situation sounds completely different. I'm pretty sure the way he treated you (at least the next day) was very unfair.
    And every breath we drew was Hallelujah

Comment

For those that know me from Reddit, I have the three Cs. Communication, Commitment and Compromise. Without those, things don't work very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Softy View Post
        Talk talk talk
        Talking to him about how you feel is the key.

Also some ppl are naturally more supportive than others, or more 'demonstrative' than others.
        It doesn't mean he doesn't care, but maybe he has his own way to care and be supportive.
        If you'd like something more or more efforts out of him, just talk to him sweetheart.
        He cannot know if you don't tell.

/hugs
        That is a possibility but I felt he was just ignoring it. Figuring that a good night's sleep would help me feel better and everything would be all rainbows and butterflies the next day. The discussion we had the night before, was heavy and not likely to just go away though. That's what was upsetting.

I think I really have to spell things out with him. Like instead of me just saying "I'm really upset right now" (if i did say that, he would indefinitely ask me what's wrong because he does) but I need to tell him "I'm really upset right now, can you call me later?" and I know he would.

Comment

Working...
        X