People are so rude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People are so rude

I was playing gears of war 3 with my SO Manuel and we were in a party chat with some of his friends and mine. I was already in a weird mood, sometimes I guess I just get that way. At one point I was just in the party chat with my friend and this guy called Pink something. This is basically how the convo went with him.

he asked
    "how much older is Manny then you?"
    I said
    "4 years, not that much."
    he said
    oh wow he is like a rapist then.
    I said
    "nooo and laughed"
    he said
    you guys are like dating over xbox live?"
    I said
    well its a long distance relationship
    he said
    "when I was younger I dated someone 3 years younger then me over xbox live and I thought that was embarassing."

Then like other things were said, I dont remember exactly and I told him to fuck off and left.
    I was now in a party chat with my SO and other friends and I sent my SO a message saying "Pink is an asshole." Then my So told the guy off and blah blah blah ect. But it annoyed me because he was still talking to the guy like everything was fine. I was angry and so I said goodnight and me and my So both said we loved eachother and then the guy made a remark and said " I love you too! but I love you in reality." so then I said "fuck you." and left. Later on my So called me and said sorry for like bascially talking to the dick like he was his best friend lol and he deleted him.
    People can be so I guess judgmental about long distance and I am not letting it get to me, I guess I just felt like telling someone hehe.

Trust me sweetie! I know how you feel. So many people are so rude and inconsiderate to those that try to make the ldrs last. I know I just started mine but you would not believe how rude and unsupportive people have been with me because of the fact I am still hanging onto the relationship. The best thing I have learned is to tell them or well ask them is to not talk about your relationship the way that they are because it is disrespecting and very uncalled for. I have honestly blocked and stopped talking to many of my friends who do not support my relationship. I just tell them that he is a part of my life and if they can’t accept that then they don’t need to be in my life. It’s harsh I know but to me having that negativity in my life when I already have so much negativity going on was something that I didn’t need and I didn’t want it to be around my relationship with the guy that I love and care for with all my heart.

Comment

There's 10+ years between my SO and I. Some people are accepting, some people are rude about it and others are just plain ignorant. I have told people that we've chosen to be together and if you can't accept it then that's your problem, not ours. So far most of my friends have taken it well. My family have too. I still wonder some days what he sees in me but then again I'm not complaining.

Comment

You always get those rude ones on games. I've had it a couple of times, i've had someone say that to me too
        "he said
        oh wow he is like a rapist then.
        I said
        "nooo and laughed"
        he said
        you guys are like dating over xbox live?"
        I said
        well its a long distance relationship
        he said
        "when I was younger I dated someone 3 years younger then me over xbox live and I thought that was embarassing."

I just responded with, it's prob cause you're a lil derp. And proceeded to tell him he failed at the game (which he did) Then lol'd at him. People on games esp. guys like that you just have to ignore. I tend to just act more like a bitch to them. Thing is he was prob jsut messing around. Its what happens from all the years i've played, but they just dont realise there are consequences even on the interwebz.

Good thing ya guy deleted him : ) thats the great thing about games, you say something i dont like? bye bye friends list. Laterz! hehe

Comment

First of all i do have an 'age gap' with my SO, 9 years to be exact.
          But we both know that it's only a number and it doesn't matter.

And some ppl will be mean because of an 'age gap' and even more because it's a 'LDR'.
          But leave those bad mouths to talk, they know nothing and in fact, lot's of them are just jealous really.

So focus on you and him.
          Focus on positive things and open minded ppl and friends.

Those who can't understand or or being rude can eat poop.
          That is all.
          ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

Originally posted by Softy View Post
            So focus on you and him.

That is all.
            This.

While Dylan and I don't have an age gap, we did meet online (Like the OP?) and that itself is causing people to do the same thing. The first place I remember encountering disbelief is when the two of us went to my brother's wedding. The girl next to us at the table asked how we met and I said "Twitter" and she laughed. Not exactly in a mean way...but I was confused as to how to take it. I just smiled and tried to talk about something else. Dylan and I talked about it afterwards and I said, I suppose I could've handled that better... (I felt like I hadn't 'stuck up' for our relationship) and I think if the next person laughs, I'm going to say "Crazy, right? We would've never guessed it'd work out so well either!"

But truly, it is only about you two. Plus, think of how many children of the next generation will be LDR because of how small technology is making the world. Maybe our children's children will be shocked to find people actually date CD at first, who knows

Hang in there, we all understand!!
            My motor runs a lover's heartbeat
            It's just me and you
            Put the pedal to the metal
            Baby, turn the radio on
            We can run to the far side of nowhere
            We can run 'til the days are gone

Comment

Thank you all! The thing I dont understand is I dont even think 4 years is that big of an age gap at all. I would of dated someone older then that, I guess maybe since I am 16 they think I am immature and stupid. Lots of 16 years old's kind of are though hehe. I won't let people like that get to me though, no matter what people like that won't ruin my relationship or make me doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Softy View Post
                So focus on you and him.

That is all.
                I agree with this one hundred percent. My SO and I have an age gap of six years. At first, when I started dating him, a girl who I was friends with in high school called him creepy, and some other names(I was 17, while he was 23 at the time when we started.) My mother and father even made some rude comments about both the distance, and difference in ages. To be honest, I do not think age matters in a relationship; after all, age is just a number, and as long as are compatible in a lot of areas, the relationship should hold out strong. Those people who bad mouth both age gap, and long distance relationships just simply do not understand. It is their problem if they cannot accept it.

Comment

That's probably the kindest thing anyone has ever said on XBox live :P. At least you're not called a fag in every other sentence directed at you xD. No seriously, this wasn't that bad compared to how it usually is. Just do private chats from now on. It's what I always do with people if I don't feel like dealing with the usual crowd.

Comment

Oh wow...that's terrible.
                    I guess I've somewhat been in your place before. My SO is 4 years older than I am and he's had an awkward past with some people who used to be his friends and those "friends" warn me about his motives.

Don't lose faith, hun.

Joined in 2012. Restarted in 2017!

Comment

Working...
                    X