Girlfriend low prioritizing me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girlfriend low prioritizing me!

My girlfriend and I are great for one another. She's endured me leaving last August to pursue my career after being out of work for over a year. I mentioned in another thread that I bought tickets for her to come out late May (as in today) to come see me. Over the past few days she was considering taking an internship and she did.

Of course I was happy for her, but that means I won't be able to see her. Now she is saying that she feels like she's at a point in her life where she needs to decide what she needs to do. She said she feels like she is coming out to Texas to 'make a relationship work' and nothing else. She looked at schools here when she was here in Dec. Now she states that she feels rushed, and this was after our early May date of us finally closing the distance extended to early August.

She says she feels conflicted as to what she wants to do with her life. The possibility of being with me and us being together. I thought she wanted to go to school here and she keeps going back and forth between majors. She also mentioned that she might want to study law and I live near one of the Top 15 Law Schools in the country, but she says she doesn't want to drive an hour.

This is really frustrating to me. I mentioned in previous threads about how much effort I put into our relationship, for any loved ones for that matter, almost to the point of naive altruism, and I sometimes feel that it isn't either appreciated or returned. I spent $200 for two tickets for her to come see me on the 9th. Now this internship takes priority and she can't see me. She mentioned that I did what I had to do to start my career when I left her but those circumstances were different and I was able to spend a lot of time with her when I was there but she distanced herself slightly when she knew I was leaving.

I realize this is a big move for her. Things like this almost make me lose hope in the people I love. I moved out here and I have no family or anyone. She came to see me before, but I've spent a lot of money for our relationship to flourish and I feel like she is pushing me to the side. I wish she allowed me some more time to make a decision on the tickets. Not only is she coming, but I am not fully refunded for the tickets, getting $40 back to throw salt in the wound. I am angry at her but have tried not to show it, frustrated, lonely, and feel disheartened that despite my best efforts things might not end with us being together.
Working...
X