So I bought a flight ticket today :) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I bought a flight ticket today :) :)

Hey folks, I bought my ticket to go visit my SO today. I'm super-excited but now I'm starting to worry a tad. Have I made the wrong decision? Is it crazy I'm travelling half way cross the world to see him? What if this what if that? I know he loves me as much as I love him, I'm guessing (and hoping) its just nerves as this will be first time we've seen each other since we dated when we were teenagers......................argghhhhhhhh!

To those of you who have met your SO are these feelings normal??????

"A thousand miles seems pretty far, but they got planes and trains and cars, I'd walk to you if I had no other way"

First visit 23/08/2012 - 05/09/2012
    Second visit scheduled May 2013
    Ended relationship August 2013

It's normal! The first time I flew (over a day!) to see my GF, I had the same feelings. But just trust the love that you have for him and that he has for you!

Comment

This is very normal. Haha, I still get anxious and nervous to see my SO after we've been apart. (And I also travel halfway across the world to see my SO, there're a surprisingly large amount of us here who do...)
      It's nice though. Enjoy the fuzzy nervous excitement. It's a little scary, but overall, I bet you're smiling more than you're worrying. :P
      (And yayyyyyyyyyyyy! Going to see your SO! Woo!)

Comment

My SO and I had a pretty small distance, and I'd still get nervous and feel silly every time I'd go see him. But then you get there, and that first hug, first kiss... it's totally worth it. I feel like people who never are in an LDR don't even know how awesome it is when you get to see the person you love every day. I still get that little rush every time he comes home from work... Enjoy it.

And congratulations on finally getting to visit him! Have so much fun!
        Met online: Nov 2010 - Met in person: Nov 20, 2010
        Closed the distance: April 27, 2011
        Accepted to PhD program 200 miles away: March 2012
        LD again: July 24, 2012
        Left School and Closed the Distance for good: March 8, 2013
        Married: November 1, 2014
        Started job 200 miles away: February 23, 2015

Comment

It's totally normal to freak out a little bit. I have a momentary freak out after every decision I make :P Just have faith in yourself and your SO and your relationship! Have fun

sigpic

Comment

I agree with the previous posters Every time I book a ticket to visit my SO I feel the same, even now. Don't worry about the nerves, you'll be fine! Have a wonderful time

Comment

it's very normal! I'm so happy for you! seeing your SO is such a special thing. how long will your trip be?

Comment

Aw thanks for your advise guys I kinda thought that was the case, yeah I'm totally buzzing today haha (its really quite sickening but I love it).
                I'm going for 12 days it'll take me a day to get there and a day to get back. Gosh if this is how I feel just now if I were you lot I'd log off here for the few days before I go haha cos I can only imagine my excitement getting worse (but in a good way).
                Thanks again
                I'll keep you all posted of my further impending excitedness lol xxxxx

"A thousand miles seems pretty far, but they got planes and trains and cars, I'd walk to you if I had no other way"

Comment

this is normal :P dont worry it happens, i travelled one whole day from one corner of the earth to the other to see my SO, even before we started dating, he was my best friend then :P it was completely worth it :P so dont worry, just chill you ll have a great time

Comment

My SO and I have never had a visit (we met years ago but lost touch) but I can imagine I'm going to be a nervous wreck when I see him again (August 16th!!!) When we see each other, it will be the first time we kiss, first time we make love and I can't wait!! Good luck with your visit, I'm sure everything will go great!

Comment

Very normal!

I got my passport and took my first ever flight to see my SO. I went just over 4000 miles for someone i'd never met and i was very nervous but it turned out beautifully.

Have a great time.
                      As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

I'm so happy for you that you booked a flight! No need to be nervous, but it is totally normal to feel that way. I hope you have a fantastic time! =]

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Thank you everyone. I'm uber super excited, still a little nervous but the excitement out weighs all that. It's gonna be the longest 11weeks haha, but so worth it.
                          Thanks again. Dunno what I'd do without you lot, who without a doubt understand exactly how I'm feeling.

Comment

haha I just realized that I forgot to comment on your thread lol
                            well few weeks ago I booked my flights to see my SO in Canada,though my dad was against it.. I just knew that I want to see him but still I was soooo nervous before booking...I had soo many silliy thought about us breaking uo before I come or that something in our families will happen so that I wouldn't be able to come.. I think that's just normal,as the others said the same. But I was also nervous that it won't work out with us (cause we haven't seen eachother for a year). I told him that I'm nervous and he asked why. So I explained it to him and said that I'm anxious he wouldn't like me anymore..or that it won't work out. he said that I'm silly for thinking this,but that if my feelings change he will be a friend and still there for me from time to time we have such silly thoughts and it helps to talk about it.. but actually we know that everything is going to be fine! so just keep yourself busy and when the time come be happy that you see your SO. I'm sure people here would kill if they get the chamce to see their SO's

Comment

Working...
                            X