No announcement yet.

How long did it take you to meet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It took us 3 months, we met online and both wanted to be sure it was what we wanted and all of that stuff

Comment

I'm starting to have doubts that my guy is not coming I'm doing no contact we knew each other twenty years ago

---------- Post added at 05:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 AM ----------

And reconnected in February

Comment

about a year and a half due to finances as well, but it was worth the wait

Comment

We met online in July 2008, officially started our relationship in October 2010 and met in person September 2011.

Hang in there! We had planned for my SO to come here first but that fell through and we were cruising along for the chance and BAM i see an advert on here for cheap flights! If it's meant to happen something will come along.
          As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

It's complicated hehehe~
            When I met him online, he had a gf so we were only friends.
            That lasted a good 6months-ish? if not more.
            She eventually left him and then we started to talk more and more.

At some point we both confessed our feelings to each other, from that time.... umm...
            About it took 6 months for us to meet for the 1st time.

Now we have been nearly 4 months appart, and I'm not sure when we will meet next because same reason as yours, financial issues.

Don't give up
            You will get to be together~!

cheers <3
            ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

We knew each other for about a year before we met in person. I met him online around the beginning of January. We admitted feelings in August. He came to visit at the end of December.

Comment

About 3 months. He decided to come over to see if there's something to it in person. He's not the type to maintain an online romance for a while without having met first. I'm about the same.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

My fiance and I met while I was on holiday in the UK. It was about 3 months until we saw each other again after that.
                  "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                  Made it official: September 17, 2010
                  Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                  Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                  Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                  Got married: November 21, 2012
                  Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                  Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

We met about 1 year and a month after we first met online, or 2 1/2 months after we became official. I didn't have a passport until I finally got it July 2010 (but flights are expensive in July/August) and neither of us are that financially secure to be able to fly easily.. I ended up flying towards him after I saved up the money. Don't worry about it, I'm sure I would've been able to wait longer if I had to, and I'm sure you two will meet eventually.. start saving your pennies because it can help to have that visual reminder, and then if you get a larger chunk of money sometime then you can put more into the savings and eventually you'll get there..

Comment

and always remember sometimes plans dont go the way you want, we had planned for Denise to come a few 4 times before she could officially do it, those plans fell through but like i said it was worth the wait

Comment

roughly 22 1/2 years.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                        Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                        Progress: Working on it.

Comment

3 weeks. We met online (Facebook) but ended up only living 30 minutes away from each other. We were CD for that time. Now we're LD for part of the year due to college.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                          Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                          Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                          Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                          Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

A little over 3 months from the time we started talking 'intimately' ...but from the time we met online it'd been about 10 months.
                            My motor runs a lover's heartbeat
                            It's just me and you
                            Put the pedal to the metal
                            Baby, turn the radio on
                            We can run to the far side of nowhere
                            We can run 'til the days are gone

Comment

We met in person 2 months after we met online, and i moved 2 months after that. We have lived together over a year now and its bliss. Sometimes you just know.
                              Three words. Fill my racing mind. Leave me breathless. Lost in time.
                              Three words. Fill my endless dreams. Repair my heart. Mend the seams.
                              Three words. Fill your heart too. Three words pronounced. I love you.

~~~~~~

You look in the mirror, you don't like what you see, don't believe it.
                              Look in my eyes, I am the only mirror you're ever gonna need.

Met online: 12/24/10 Met In Person: 2/24/11 Distance Closed: 4/24/11
                              Not one regret, not one backwards look, only towards the future and beyond!

Comment

Met online november 2009. Friends for about a year until we decided we wanted to meet. Met face to face in July 2011.

Comment

Working...
                                X