No announcement yet.

Depressive mood: How to fight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My advice would be to first find something else to do.
    My life was miserable when I my SO and I were first apart because I was so used to spending time with her I didn't know what else to do with my time. Now I got a new job and joined a new band and keeping busy has helped me a lot.

Also you get used to it as time goes on. When my SO and I were CD we had trouble spending a week apart for Christmas. Now obviously we're more comfortable with it. It will undoubtably be hard but life goes on. There's a reason they say love concours all things.

Comment

Originally posted by Irina_Linn View Post
      because I tend to over analyze and brood on things that I shouldn't be worried about.

wow this is so much me.i should definetely try it out as i have noticed i just make up some problems and worries at times which are not even real...can you pls recommend some excersises on meditation or maybe a web-site?
      My meditation is based on my faith, but there are a lot of good resources out there for relaxation and meditation styles (for lack of a better word, sorry no coffee yet this morning lol) There really is no right or wrong way, as there are ways that will be more comfortable for you. For instance, because of a lingering back problem the lotus position described by many is painful to me - not conducive to meditation.

One of my favorite methods is to sit in a straight backed chair, no arms, and close my eyes to quiet music. I close my eyes and practice deep breathing until I am relaxed then concentrate on relaxing totally my toes, my legs, my hips, my core, my chest, my arms, then neck and my face.

Once I am to that point I picture myself sinking into the chair, my feet firmly rooted and light from the earth filling my body from my feet up. Once I have pulled that light up to my head so that I can picture it spilling out like a fountain, I ease it all back down making a conscious decision to let my negativity and depression go with it back into the earth. Basically washing my soul and mind of negative thoughts - all negative thoughts. I let all that negativity flow out of my body.

After my body in my minds eye has been cleansed with light, I let myself wake up slowly.

Whenever I start to feel like I'm dropping off the brink I will spend a morning meditating and getting myself. I'm not a priestess or shaman or anything of the sort, just a relaxation and de-stresser I've found for myself that works. I hope it helps
      Last edited by LeilaniJoi; June 7, 2012, 09:44 AM. Reason: wall of text crits for 600k.... readers die :P
      Three words. Fill my racing mind. Leave me breathless. Lost in time.
      Three words. Fill my endless dreams. Repair my heart. Mend the seams.
      Three words. Fill your heart too. Three words pronounced. I love you.

~~~~~~

You look in the mirror, you don't like what you see, don't believe it.
      Look in my eyes, I am the only mirror you're ever gonna need.

Met online: 12/24/10 Met In Person: 2/24/11 Distance Closed: 4/24/11
      Not one regret, not one backwards look, only towards the future and beyond!

Comment

Working...
      X