Student Visa USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Student Visa USA

Something i've almost completely missed is the Visa process.
    Now i've applied to the school in Us and the contact person there says i will get in to the school. So all good there.
    And my sponsor CSN says that as soon as i send in the paper from the school i will be approved for stundent loans. So all good there.
    So basically it's just the visa process left.
    I know i have to book an appointment and a meeting with the Us embassy in Stockholm.
    But i have no idea how "easy" it is or rather how high the risk is that i get it denied.
    Like my background is as clean as it can be. I don't drink, smoke, drug or even go to parties.
    I have never committed any crime and i think myself that my english is good.
    And i come entirely from Sweden and my religion is Protestantic Christian.

So why all this extra info, yeah well just wondering if anyone here have applied for a student visa to US from any countries basically.
    I don't think there should be any problem with it as my background and my intentions are valid.
    But yeah what do you think?
    Am i as usual just worrying too much?
    Seriously on the last point i'm working on not getting worked up about every single detail, but this is such a life-altering thing that i can't help it. So sorry if anyone is annoyed by my nervousness :P

Actually i think this was the wrong forum, so if anyone could move it i would be very thankful!
    Last edited by Swederica; June 6, 2010, 12:09 PM. Reason: Added the last sentence :)

hmm well a friend of mine is german but lives in new york city and he always has to come to germany once a year to get a new visa and so do his parents. So it seems rather easy to get, theyve obviously never been denied their visa. I wouldnt worry too much, its not like you have to go to ellis island lol
    good luck!!!

Comment

I've done a lot of research on US Student Visas and the only thing you really need to do from what I found is prove that you have enough money to support you through your studies (like a current statement from your bank or a letter from your bank, ect) and a letter of acceptance at the school you're going to. Also you have to be a full time student and you can stay in the US for as long as you are enrolled.

It doesn't seem like you will have any problems getting in to the US and getting your visa.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Thanks. I'm really much calmer now!

It goes in waves. But yeah thanks again

Comment

My SO is currently in line to get a student visa and her older bro already has one. I also have some international friends that have done the same (from brazil, england, germany). From what I've seen it's pretty easy to get and you can even get a job through the school to earn a bit of money while you're here. Like Riyko said, you just have to be full-time. The US likes for people to come here for school so I can't see them denying you. lol

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
          X