Yay!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay!!

So last month my SO made a very mature decision to join the Air Force. I'm so excited for him; my dad has been in the AF all my life, and it's exciting that I will always have a connection to the AF. He said he wants to marry me, but it's best to wait until after I graduate college. I agree, it's so hard to go back to school when you're married, and even harder when you're a military spouse. My mom is a prime example of that.
    I guess I just wanted to share his happy news. He was initially sworn in the other day, so he's officially in the AF now I'm so proud of him. Now he still has to take his past test, and then he'll eventually get a date for when he starts basic training. We both live in San Antonio, so he won't be going too far for basic training, which is good. The field he wants to be in will require him to be deployed A LOT. I'm scared, but I'm ready for the challenge. I feel like our life is moving forward. I say "our" because he said he made this decision for us I'm thrilled.
    sigpic
    Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
    Our first LDR ~ August 2009
    Closed the distance ~ January 2011
    He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
    Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
    He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
    Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
    Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

thats great that you two are treating it as a joint thing rather than just 'for him'.

congrats to him, and you
    Met Online: February 2009
    Feelings grew: January 2011
    First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
    Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
    Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
    Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
    Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
    Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
    Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
    Engaged: 1st of July 2012
    Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
    Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
    Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
    Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
    Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
    Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Congrats to you both! =D Very nice to see how positively you are taking it. That positivity will help you in the future. Best of luck to you guys ! Congrats again.

Comment

drop dead cool!! i am happy for you two!)

Comment

Thanks everyone! I'm just looking forward to our life. He went out of his way a few times during the initial process and told me that he's doing this for us, because now we'll never have to worry again. Of course I'm feeling some anxiety over him being away often, but it's nothing we're not used to ;P I guess I'll be around here a lot more often lol.
          It's funny, I could never see myself with a military man, and now here we are X)
          sigpic
          Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
          Our first LDR ~ August 2009
          Closed the distance ~ January 2011
          He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
          Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
          He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
          Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
          Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

congrats my SO is in the military also, he's a Marine n im way proud of him.

Comment

Congrats! One of my best friends from high school joined the AF as well, he's set to go to Officer Training School any time now, he's just waiting for his orders. Several more of my friends are either in a relationship or married to military guys. You must be so proud of him.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
              Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
              Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Working...
              X