No announcement yet.

Meeting at the airport outfit? Suggestions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you really wanna look super awesome jus change in toilet.em serious,why not,i used to do that.you can wear comfortable thing for flight and then just change for sth else.plus you will look more fresh coz i know,after flights you look like you have been chewed by godzilla at times

Comment

Whenever I fly to see my SO, it's a 10+ hour flight. I usually wear jeans that are just a little bit too big or that stretch so they're extra comfy, but not falling off or look too horrible. I also wear a cute shirt and a sweater. I also usually take a jacket or a coat (depends on the weather in the UK) with me. I take my hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, and my make-up with me on the plane. There's a lot you can do to freshen up on the plane. I usually use some time during the last hour. I also recommend flat shoes over heels just in case you have to walk quickly through the airport or something. Plus, they're usually easier to get on and off.
      "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
      Made it official: September 17, 2010
      Got engaged: January 15, 2012
      Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
      Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
      Got married: November 21, 2012
      Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
      Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Aw guys thanks so much for your suggestions. I like the yoga pants, and the skinny jeans ideas to show off my butt .
        Loving the braid idea also, that way I can just shake them loose before arriving and I get that wavy/natural look. Not gonna go all out with the make-up I don't wear much unless its a night out.
        Thanks again folks much appreciated xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

.Hey he'll prob be coming from work so will most likely just turn up in his coveralls haha......................but I think their uber sexy anyway, as you all say I'm sure he won't mind, the only thing I would mind him turning up in is a mankini lol x

"A thousand miles seems pretty far, but they got planes and trains and cars, I'd walk to you if I had no other way"

First visit 23/08/2012 - 05/09/2012
        Second visit scheduled May 2013
        Ended relationship August 2013

Comment

I agree that you should definitely go comfortable for your first flight. If you wanna wear a dress, I would keep it simple. Maybe wear a cute flower in your hair to give it an exotic flair without all the complicatedness of a fanciful dress. Not sure what you would wanna do for shoes though. I personally can't stand the trendy heels that are narrower than a dime. Maybe a sort of ballerina slipper style show? Comfortable and yet you'll be able to haul your luggage without worrying about losing a heel. Or an ankle. Ow. :/

Comment

I have a 5 hour flight to see Miguel. But whatever the flight is, worry about being comfortable, not about your looks. There will be plenty of time to dress nicely for him later, if he loves you, he´ll be happy to see you no matter what you´re wearing (especially with the excuse of being in a plane beforehand -.-)

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
            -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
            \

Comment

I'm thinking just wearing pumps, theire super comfy - I had hardly walk in heels at the best of times haha never mind when I'm nervous and most probably really tired x

"A thousand miles seems pretty far, but they got planes and trains and cars, I'd walk to you if I had no other way"

First visit 23/08/2012 - 05/09/2012
              Second visit scheduled May 2013
              Ended relationship August 2013

Comment

You definitely want to be comfortable for the long part of the flight, but if you really want to dress into something "cuter" you can nip into the bathroom when you first get off the plane and change/freshen up a little. That's what I'd always do. I'd wear pajama bottoms for the long part of the flight and then change into jeans before going to claim my luggage, brush my teeth, wash my face, brush my hair, etc. I know he'd be happy to see me in any state (after all, he wakes up next to me and my greasy face and morning breath every day now, lol), but it also just helped me feel better after such a long flight to clean up a little. :-P

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                  I usually wear jeans and sneakers with a tight fitting t-shirt, a cardigan and a colorful scarf. I probably look a hot mess when I get off the plane, but whatever. I try my best. (Last time I flew to Miami to see my friend he told me I looked like I had just escaped from a Eastern European Sex Slave Camp... geeze!)
                  Haha! I couldn't help but LOL at your friend's comment to you

Comment

I agree with some of the above posters, comfort is important to me. I usually just wear my sneakers, jeans, and tshirt. I honestly look like a mess after the plane ride, so I just go restroom and comb my hair and call it a day.

I'm sure your SO will be glad to see you no matter what you're wearing the 1st time I met my SO was 2am and I was half asleep... So yeah imagine hair all over place with eyes half opened look. Hahaha

Comment

I still have 4 months (alright almost 5) before I go, but I'm already thinking about this...hahaha.
                      I think it's fun to plan ahead though, makes it feel like the wait isn't all that long!

I agree with the other suggestions, whenever I have really long flights I need to be able to snuggle up in my seat and as I don't fly first class there isn't a lot of space to curl up into, so tight jeans is a no go for me. But like some of you mentioned, I'm a big fan of the "pop into the airport bathroom when you arrive" strategy

Comment

Originally posted by Reglisse View Post
                        I still have 4 months (alright almost 5) before I go, but I'm already thinking about this...hahaha.
                        I think it's fun to plan ahead though, makes it feel like the wait isn't all that long!

I agree with the other suggestions, whenever I have really long flights I need to be able to snuggle up in my seat and as I don't fly first class there isn't a lot of space to curl up into, so tight jeans is a no go for me. But like some of you mentioned, I'm a big fan of the "pop into the airport bathroom when you arrive" strategy
                        LOL that's exactly what my SO did when we first met! She was picking me up, and we were on the phone at the airport and I'm like "Where are you??" and she was in the bathroom haha
                        First met online: October 15th, 2011
                        First met in-person: July 13th, 2012

Next meeting: September 21st, 2012

Comment

Working...
                        X