Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDR's are real

I found this on Tumblr and I love it:

"LDR’s are one of the most beautiful things. It’s not held, heard, felt or tasted, no, it’s almost impossible to put in words. The heartache, the fears, time differences and miles between, all these become insignificant when you think of that one special person. The one that for whatever reason, was separated from you- cast across the country, the ocean, the world.. It doesn’t matter if you’ve met before, or yet to meet for the first time, all these LDR’s follow the same path of struggles. Lagging Skype calls, not being able to feel those hugs, cuddles and kisses. Crying because you miss them so much at times. Missing out on Birthdays, Christmases and Anniversaries.. Wishing you were somewhere far away with that someone, planning out what you would say and what you would do, making bucket lists and having endless conversations about who loves who more.
    And then those moments when you see their smiling face over the computer screen, or they text you good morning and it just makes your entire day. When you can’t get enough of each other, you can feel every ounce of your being completely consumed by this person. You know you’re in love, impossible at first you think, but it’s all real, every bit, right down to the incredible butterflies fluttering just behind your rib cage. The kind of love that burns due to distance but makes your heart swell like a hot air balloon when they say those 3 pretty little words.
    Just remember you are not alone, never alone. See, LDR’s are not “fake” or less of a relationship than the rest, not at all.. they are simply a test, to see how far your love can travel to reach that one person, and that in itself is the only bit of words I will ever need to know."

It's so true. LDR's are just as real as any relationship. They're difficult, of course. They're scary, no doubt. But they're worth it when you finally get to see the person who forever has your heart. When you finally get to hold their hand...look into their eyes...feel their lips on yours...enjoy their embrace...I could go on forever. Yeah you have to miss out on a lot that other couples get to experience all the time...but once you're finally together forever, you'll get to make up for all that. And the time we have to wait to finally be together is short compared to the lifetime we'll get to have together someday. Do I ever have doubts? Of course. That's normal. But I'm not giving up. He is my love and my life, and I'm never letting that go.

Aw wow that's awesome, what a great quote. Must facebook!
    sigpic
    Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
    Our first LDR ~ August 2009
    Closed the distance ~ January 2011
    He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
    Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
    He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
    Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
    Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

awwwwww love it!

Comment

This is so beautiful!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

That is beautiful, and nice to see such positive words aw :-)

Comment

Wonderfully uplifting. Thank you for sharing

Comment

That was a nice read

Comment

Aww, I liked that Thanks for sharing!

Comment

this is great i read the whole thing and i had my SO in mind from top to bottem thanks for sharing

Comment

YAY I just emailed that to Ray, how lovely xx

"A thousand miles seems pretty far, but they got planes and trains and cars, I'd walk to you if I had no other way"

First visit 23/08/2012 - 05/09/2012
                    Second visit scheduled May 2013
                    Ended relationship August 2013

Comment

Aww I'm tearing up a little. Thanks for sharing. :-)
                      ♥ Erika & Thomas ♥
                      ♥ Est. January 13, 2011 ♥ Became LDR July 1, 2011 ♥ Christmas visit December 24 - 29, 2011 ♥ Closed the distance June 2, 2012 ♥

♪ Cause with you I'd withstand all of it to hold your hand ♫

Comment

Thanks for sharing
                        I think it's really ignorant of people to just minimize the importance of keeping a relationship, despite the difference.
                        There are manifold reasons as to why a relationship has distance, and it doesn't mean it's no longer a relationship.

Comment

Aw, very cute!!

Comment

aww love that post, i just wish other people that are not or have not been in a LDR realise that there are such things as long distance relationships, instead of judging and saying they are impossible

Comment

ahhw...gosh, I miss him so much!

Comment

Working...
                              X