Nervous!! Leaving for one year in one day! :O

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nervous!! Leaving for one year in one day! :O

So this morning I woke up, did my online check in for tomorrow and then suddenly realised that tomorrow around this time I'll be on my way to the airport to leave for one whole year! I'm so very much excited but what a strange feeling to actually be leaving!!
    I've known for a long time that this was happening but never really realised the impact of it I guess!
    Now I'm just going to enjoy my last day here in the Netherlands and eat all my favourite foods and say goodbye to all of my friends and family.
    I really dont want to get too emotional about it so I guess today I'm just not going to be thinking about anything and function like a robot hehe. If I start realizing that I'm leaving my wonderful room in Amsterdam behind for well forever I'll just have a break down.

Anyway, just wanted to share!!
    Ill still be on here when I'm in Spain so hoping to have a good internet connection there to follow all the threads!!

Hope you have a great time. I know reasonably well how you feel as I've done two 6 month visits to my SO, it's strange leaving for such a long time, but wonderful getting to spend the time with my SO without having to worry about when I'm leaving.
    Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
    First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

Your post made me smile as that was exactly how I felt Sunday. Now, 5 days later, my greatest wish is that I would have packed LOTS more American food lol Good luck on your trip, and hope everything adjusts well and works well for you!!!

Comment

Wow, you're in China I see, thats a LOT different from the US, I'm staying within the EU so I'll still have all of my western foods available hehe.
        All of these emotions really suck all your energy away! Never felt anything like it! Oh well, but as its raining here I'll just have to feel happy that i'm leaving all the rain behind and going to sunny spain. Hope you're having a good stay up there in China!
        In the end it's all worth it I'm sure

Comment

I know exactly how you feel I moved to Ireland for one year, and am now in the UK for 2 years (8 months so far!) and it's hard! At least the excitement of it makes it SO much easier. I cried so much when I left home, but once you get there it'll be so exciting

Have an amazing time!! I wish I could move to somewhere warm and lovely like that!!

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
          Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Best wishes!

Comment

Wow, that's awesome! I'm so excited for you. I never got to have that feeling, as I closed the distance under very upsetting and unexpected circumstances. So enjoy the last day where you are, and enjoy all the new things you are about to experience.
              Met online: Nov 2010 - Met in person: Nov 20, 2010
              Closed the distance: April 27, 2011
              Accepted to PhD program 200 miles away: March 2012
              LD again: July 24, 2012
              Left School and Closed the Distance for good: March 8, 2013
              Married: November 1, 2014
              Started job 200 miles away: February 23, 2015

Comment

I am also so excited for you!!! I lived in germany for a year, and it was the experience of a lifetime.
                Good luck!!!

Comment

That's so exciting! I wish you all the best
                  Dutch food is really good, make sure you bring some pannenkoekenmix

Comment

Working...
                  X