SO Hates Her Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO Hates Her Job

My SO started working as a customer service rep on the phone shortly after she finished her first year of college. This is just her summer job till she heads back to school in august, but she hates it. I think it's affected how often her and I talk because she is either too tired or wants to forget about the day by doing something with friends or is at the lake for the weekend. I'm fine with it, I've expressed that I want to talk more often and she said she will try to more. After all we still get to text throughout the day. I understand her situation and that it's temporary but it's affecting her. I wish I could just kidnap her and bring her here cause I know she'd be so much happier.

Does anyone have any advice on how to make her work better or improve how she feels after work?

Being a phone rep does take a lot out of you in the beginning. I was a 5 year member of the customer service and technical support for an internet provider in the states. After a while it isn't as bad as when you're new at it. Once you are more familiar with the job, it's not so bad. I know I didn't want to talk on the phone or anything after I got home when I first started, heck, I still don't like talking on the phone. Thankfully my SO and I use vent and skype to keep in touch. Just give her time and I'm sure that it'll be less draining on her and you'll be able to talk more.

-R

Comment

Agreed... it can be very stressful and it depends on the company too. Just give her some time.
      Three words. Fill my racing mind. Leave me breathless. Lost in time.
      Three words. Fill my endless dreams. Repair my heart. Mend the seams.
      Three words. Fill your heart too. Three words pronounced. I love you.

~~~~~~

You look in the mirror, you don't like what you see, don't believe it.
      Look in my eyes, I am the only mirror you're ever gonna need.

Met online: 12/24/10 Met In Person: 2/24/11 Distance Closed: 4/24/11
      Not one regret, not one backwards look, only towards the future and beyond!

Comment

Thank you it makes sense hearing that now that she doesn't really want to talk after talking all day to deal with peoples problems. The client that is most annoying I guess, is her taking calls for parents signing their kids up for a super expensive camp and they are mostly snobs I guess but it ends in 2 weeks because the camp begins so thats good. I wish I could visit her and bring her a lunch. I think I'll have some flowers delivered though when I have the extra money.

Comment

Could also check the local phone book for a restaurant that delivers. Might get lucky and be able to surprise her with a nice meal if you can't bring her a lunch yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Rook View Post
            Could also check the local phone book for a restaurant that delivers. Might get lucky and be able to surprise her with a nice meal if you can't bring her a lunch yourself.
            great idea! thanks

Comment

Working...
            X