Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have a time limit to closing the distance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think its great to see how important it is for some and yet others like you Moon, don't have one at all. I guess I shouldn't stress about it either but its hard not to think about it so much. Im really exited since he started school again though. I think that puts us in a better position to be able to make more solid plans in the future. All I want is to feel like its moving in that direction slowly but surely. Curveballs ill just have to deal with as they come. He's worth every one of them.

Comment

Interesting situation I'm in, she's down in California on a 5 year athletic scholarship so 5 years but she is back home in Canada for nearly 6 months of the year so I don't think there will be too much of a problem making it work

Comment

Honestly? I would wait as long as I have to.. as long as one (or both) of us was doing something to work toward that. I came back home a little over two weeks ago and, as I was leaving, he told me to get things done here so that I could come back there (we had been talking about me coming home to get things sorted out then moving back to him). So, as of now, if things go as planned, and he doesn't change his mind for some reason, I am trying to get everything sorted, get the money, etc, so that I can move to him by next summer. I like it better there anyway.
        "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
        This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
        Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

At this point in our relationship, I would probably be willing to wait as much as it takes provided there is some sort of reason and a plan behind it. Say, if he gets a contract abroad for a few years, and the plan is after he finishes it we move in together. It would be hard to face another few years of distance but I would feel reassured by the plan and I would be able to prepare for the moment we close the distance.

I would not accept waiting for as long as it takes if there was no specific reason or plan. Currently we're both tied down with business contracts as well as the legal frame between our two countries, which should change by the end of next year.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

I can't believe I haven't answered this already

Like Malaga, to me it's not so much about the time as the circumstances. If there's a good reason for the distance, I could stick it out for longer. As long as I could see that we were working towards eventually living together.
            I.e. one month could be too long if there was no good reason for him or me not to move. But if we both had very good jobs in our respective locations and wouldn't want to give them up (just now or without having another one lined up) then my time limit would be however long it takes.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

We don't have a ”limit”, but we've actually already talked about not making it too long. Unlike a lot of the couples here, he and I have both been through college (though I do consider going back again) and he's got a really good job in his field where he is. I was asked to give until the end of the year for my job here and I'm perfectly okay with that, but ideally I'd like to be there for his birthday which is at the end of January.
              Jacob&Heather

Met: June 2019
              Dating: December 2019
              First Meeting: April 2020 (Coming soon!)

"Simple as can be."
              - Florida Georgia Line -

Comment

Nix and I have talked about it our plans for our future together, and have decided that we would like to be married before he turns 25 (which is a year and a half from now, his birthday is before mine which is the only reason we're using his birthday as a date). Ideally we'll be married before the end of 2013, which I suppose, would be our "limit". (Since we've discussed it and being LD after we're married isn't an option for us.)

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                Progress: Working on it.

Comment

For my boyfriend and I, we kind of know when we'll close the distance, but it depends on a lot of things. I am for sure moving to the states at some point, best-case and most-probable scenario is 3 years, but we know we could be apart for as long as six years. At this point I'm looking at all the options. Anyway, I don't think there's a limit to a long distance relationship. It all just depends on when you're both at the point in your lives/relationship where closing the distance is possible, and is the best decision.
                  started dating: 12/08/12
                  "i love you": 04/12/13
                  el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
                  montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
                  el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
                  montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
                  el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
                  el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
                  el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
                  san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
                  san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Comment

Stephen and I don't have a "time limit"--we're willing to wait as long as it takes. Our goal is sometime after I finish graduation (mostly depends on finances), which will, God-willing, be in May 2013, and then I am OUT OF HERE. Haha, I want to be in Ireland, with him, so much I almost can't stand it, and I'm working my ass off (as is he) so we can be together as soon as possible.

It's just going to take some time, and money and visa permitting, I'll be over there next summer/fall sometime.
                    "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

Originally posted by Dezface View Post
                      He just visited a month ago and since then we've decided we can't be without each other. We've started planning it and we will close the distance early next year. I'm sure if we *had* to wait, we could. But we don't, and the desire to be together is strong, so soon it is
                      LOL, our situation is similar .. we've also decided that we can't live without each other so we plan on closing the distance next year in June and I'm SO EXCITED! We've planned that he's going to fly out here to help me move and then road trip it all the way back to Cali together because i can't NOT have my Cadillac lol. Congratulations on seeing him in a couple days!

Comment

already closed the distance, but 5 years. Any longer then that i would consider the option of a open relationship because hell any longer then 5 years your eventually gonna have to have your needs met. Although if i knew that the relationship wasent gonna go anywhere no matter what then after the 5 years i would be done

Comment

We were LD for 18 months, closed the distance for 6 months and are now LD again. He went away to college and I think he's supposed to graduate in May 2014 if all goes to plan. So, we will be LD for 2ish years still. I don't think I could realistically do more than 3 years. I wish I could say I could do it as long as it takes, but I just can't wait around forever. I know he and I are meant to be together, so I know he wants to close the distance as soon as possible too.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Working...
                          X