Strong. Army strong. <3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strong. Army strong. <3

June 14, 2012 was one of the best days of my life. And yes, I know, being only 17 and fresh out of high school is rather obscured to some. I've been told time and time again that I'm crazy, and even stupid, for being in and committing to a long distance relationship. So many people try and bring me down, as well as my boyfriend. But the thing is, if you haven't experienced it yourself, then you have no right to try and bring either of us down. It's hard enough as it is being 1,660 miles apart from each other, much less having people bring negativity into the mix.

We're both young, yes. And our relationship hasn't been but of 3 weeks thus far. But, that doesn't mean that we don't have "those feelings" for one another...we talked before dating, and within that time, the feelings grew more and more mutual, stronger, and deeper. Love also began to blossom. I can't say that either of us are "in love," but I can say that both of us get "that feeling," the feeling of security, comfort, and happiness. He makes me feel like I've never felt before. I'm actually content and happy with this relationship. <3

A little less than 2 weeks ago, he left for Army basic training. This was a very bittersweet time. It brought both happy and sad tears. I haven't seen him in a little over a month, and this just meant a longer period of time before I was able to see him again. Of course, the only way to see one another, was for me to fly 1,400+ miles to NM or him flying the same distance to NC. Those last few hours on the day that he left out, were oh so heart wrenching, yet incredible at the same time. Knowing I only had a few more hours to talk to him and hear his sweet voice killed me inside. I just wanted to pause the time and stay in the moment. (and at this particular time I was at the beach). I couldn't, and didn't want to believe, that the time had come. And then, that was it, he had to go. 9 weeks until I would be able to hear from my love. I'll never forget that gut wrenching feeling that came upon me. Deep inside I knew that he was doing such an incredible thing, and that made, and still makes, me happy.

We talked about how exciting it was that we would both, finally, be within the same time zone. We had gone from 1,660 miles apart to about 170. This was such exciting stuff to us! We were so close, yet so far.

I absolutely cannot wait until I'm able to hear his sweet sweet voice again. And most certainly see his handsome face! September 6 cannot get here soon enough. 64 days<3 I made a promise to myself, and I think it's pretty amazing, I'd like to share it...

The promise is that I will stay strong, army strong!<3

As each day passes I realize that I'm one step closer to him. One step closer to my future. And America is one step closer to having yet another hero! <3

Stay strong for him. Having you there will make the time apart worth it!

Comment

write him, send him cards, anything to help him get thru this training. keep it light hearted - it is as hard on him as it is on you, except that he is facing physical and emiotional exhaustion.
      everything happens for a reason. We may never find out what that reason is/was, but there is a reason.

Comment

Do you happen to know where I could send letters to? He's at Fort Jackson.

Comment

he should know his address , ask it to him when u get a chance

Comment

Working...
          X