Song(s)? Special...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Song(s)? Special...

Do you guys have a song with your S/O? Has your S/O dedicated a song to you? Have you guys picked a song to be "our song?"
    My S/O dedicated "Falling" by Iration <3
    But of course, many songs make me think of him.

We used to be a piano duet years back so I've written a short duet for two music boxes for her birthday, I have one part and she has the other. They sound fine if you play one by itself... But to listen to the actual, full song you need to get both boxes together and play them at the same time.

Anyone's free to steal my idea

Comment

We don't come right out and call the our songs, but here's a few that we feel really describe our relationship, or we just sing to each other for fun and to help us sleep.
      1. You'll Be In My Heart -- Phil Collins
      2. A Thousand Years -- Christina Perri
      3. Lullaby -- Shawn Mullins

Comment

We have several and he's dedicated so many to me over time that it would be hard to list them all. If we had to have one song that was "ours" though, it would be Everything by Lifehouse
        Three words. Fill my racing mind. Leave me breathless. Lost in time.
        Three words. Fill my endless dreams. Repair my heart. Mend the seams.
        Three words. Fill your heart too. Three words pronounced. I love you.

~~~~~~

You look in the mirror, you don't like what you see, don't believe it.
        Look in my eyes, I am the only mirror you're ever gonna need.

Met online: 12/24/10 Met In Person: 2/24/11 Distance Closed: 4/24/11
        Not one regret, not one backwards look, only towards the future and beyond!

Comment

He's dedicated many songs to me as well. I remember (before all the One Direction hype hit the fan here in the US), he dedicated that song, "What Makes You Beautiful" to me. lol

But our song, and the one that we'll dance to at our wedding, is "Miracle" by Foo Fighters. He told me it'd be perfect and I totally agree

Met: November 19, 2010
          Tim came to Texas: April 27, 2011
          Made it official: April 29, 2011
          Lori went to England: September 21, 2011
          Mini trip to Paris: September 22, 2011
          Tim popped the question: September 22, 2011
          K-1 Visa approved!: May 21, 2012
          Closed the distance!: July 26, 2012
          Got married: September 22, 2012

Comment

Our 'kind of' song is 'I'll follow you into the dark' by Death Cab for Cutie. It's not really romantic or anything, but it's so sweet and I'll always remember the way he sings it to me. That's what makes it so special to me. Another song that's special (because he quoted that on his fb right after I left the USA, when he seen me for only a couple of minutes) is 'Pollen and Salt' by Daphne loves Derby.

Comment

He's the one who picked "our song" ! He showed it to me quite early in our relationship and said every time he heard it he thought of me and how perfect it was for us <3
              You Had Me At Hello by A Day To Remember

Comment

We have a few... he dedicated "Open Arms" by Journey to me on our anniversary/my birthday and sang it to me at the karaoke bar. During a karaoke competition, in front of a packed bar and all his friends, he also serenaded me with "Can You Feel The Love Tonight?", lol. I blushed a bit for that one. He likes to leave little notes in my phone when we're together and, after mentioning I loved "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You" by Frankie Valli, he put that as one of the subjects. Every time I get the alert for that, I light up.

Comment

I guess 'When I'm with You' by Best Coast and 'Home' by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes. Those are both songs that make me think of him. There are others, but I think those are the main ones.

Comment

Before we met, he linked me to "I Caught Fire (In Your Eye)" by The Used. To be honest, I didn't really like it at first, but I kept listening to it and ended up loving it. He never said anything about whether the song made him think of me or anything, just that he thought it was a song I might like. But for some reason, I've come to think of it as our song. Never asked him about it though, lol
                    Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
                    First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

He has songs that he associates with me but I'm not a big smooshy love song kinda person. I don't know why that is.

Comment

"I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith is our song :]

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                        Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                        Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                        Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                        Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

'Our' main song is probably Nuvole Bianche by Einaudi, beautiful fucking song if i may say so.

Comment

The Devil's Plaything by Backworld.
                            I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Every time I hear "Just what I needed" and "You might Think" by The Cars I think of him.....

Comment

Working...
                              X