First Visit: Who Came To Who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Visit: Who Came To Who?

I'm just curious to who was the one who did the traveling when meeting for the first time in their LDR.

I'm planning on visiting my SO at the moment. I'm just curious if it's more traditional for the guy to do the traveling or the girl first.
    “I just want to spend every possible minute of the rest of my life with you.”

My SO (male) came to me first, it wasn't because I was a girl but because it was easier for him to travel to me, I was 16 at the time and had no way of suddenly going out of state, but now that I'm 18 I'm going to visit him for the first time. And it was his idea to visit me, he brought it up so I let him decide what he wanted to do.

From what I've seen on this site, it doesn't matter who visits first it's all done by convenience not by gender.

Notes:
    Met: 8.17.09
    Started Dating: 8.20.09
    First Met: 10.2.10
    Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

He came to me. We had a few reasons: One being money. Another being he had more vacation time than me and that allowed for flight time. And the biggest one being that we've always known I'll be the one to move eventually so it was important to me that he make the effort to visit me first. It may sound selfish but I needed that and he was happy to oblige. I think it just depends on the situation and most definitely not the gender.

Met online: 1/30/11
      Met in person: 5/30/12
      Second visit: 9/12/12
      Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

He visited me the first time, but that was only because it was more practical for a few reasons: 1) he had the savings to do so, and 2) he had the time off from classes during the summer to see me while I was working.
        My heart belongs to a pilot!
        ~*~
        ~*~
        [/center]

Comment

this summer it's the first official visit for us (we used to be CD for 3 months).. he planned to come to see me but he has a new job an no vacation time. I'm a student and more flexible so I'm coming again..but he offered me to pay half of the expensive ticket. Hope one day he can come here though

Comment

He came to me the first time because he had the money for a Eurostar ticket and a fair amount of experience with travelling. I on the other hand was a penniless, timid girl who had never so much as caught a train by herself. Yeah, it made more sense for him to visit me

Comment

My man came out to see me first. I agree with Sora, its more about convenience.

Comment

I'm going to him.
                I agree with everyone else, it's about convenience. I have the means to travel there, a way to save the money, etc. Where as, he doesn't have those options at the moment.
                If things go as planned and we work out as a couple then I will most likely be moving to him anyway (I have no objections to moving and he seems to prefer it that way as well), so it's convenient in that way as well since I will be able to see what the place is actually like and get an idea of if I will actually like it there or not.
                "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
                This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
                Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

He came to me, not really sure why, it's just what he had decided, that he wanted to meet me. To be honest, without him doing that, I probably would have never gone to him first, not out of fear or anything, but it didn't seem very real or possible at that point to me until he actually came over to see me. It makes me realise, despite the cost, how easy it is to travel, you just have to make the decision to go.
                  Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
                  First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

I went to him first
                    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I visited him. January of this year. Traveled from one side of the continent to the other. Worth it? Most definitely He came to visit me in April and he's also coming to visit again in September/October

Comment

Well, technically she visited me first, though we arranged that visit when we were still just friends, and not dating. Now I'm going to visit her. Obviously I can't comment on the male aspect, but I think it really just depends on personal situations and convenience. It's hard to make any kind of generalisation, I think.

Comment

When we first got together in 1997, I went to see him because I had the time off from work and the extra income to do so. This time around, he came to see me first, but his was intended to be a friendly visit only. His visit was planned because he had a vacation week to spare and I convinced him he should at least spend it somewhere besides his couch - plus he had promised years before that he would come to see me in my natural element one day

Comment

My family tends to be more traditional, so my mom absolutely INSISTED that my boyfriend visit me first. Unfortunately, that didn't work out at all (visa issues), so now I'm going to go to see him first instead.
                            Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
                            Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
                            Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

He visited me first, for practical reasons only. Like the fact that my passport needed renewing and I didn't have the money to do so at the time, and I had never flown before and he had many times. So it made sense
                              No time zone or distance or anything can keep us apart

Comment

Working...
                              X