Today is the day... Day One apart!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is the day... Day One apart!!

I posted a while ago about my bf moving to Haiti for a year... his leave date kept getting pushed back, but it finally happened. I dropped him off at the airport last night with his fam, and I have been an emotional wreck ever since. Please, please, please tell me that this gets easier? Because it sucks right now!! I pretty much start crying at least once an hour, if not more. Ugh. This really stinks! 3 months until I get to visit.

the positive thing is that you know when you get to see him again. Try to stay busy. yes, it sucks, and it will. will you be able to alk/text/email/snail mail? Send him letters or cards, let him know you are thinking about him. Find a new hobby, go out with friends and family. The worst thing you can do is sit around and be miserable,
    everything happens for a reason. We may never find out what that reason is/was, but there is a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by subeasley View Post
      the positive thing is that you know when you get to see him again. Try to stay busy. yes, it sucks, and it will. will you be able to alk/text/email/snail mail? Send him letters or cards, let him know you are thinking about him. Find a new hobby, go out with friends and family. The worst thing you can do is sit around and be miserable,
      Unfortunately the communication will be tough. He can't recieve mail, period, so that sucks. No texting, but hopefully email/skype/call whenever he can get it set up. The whole electricity/internet thing can be very rough down there so I don't know when we will be able to talk next. Trying to stay positive! Thankfully I took classes summer quarter so at least I have plenty of homework to keep me busy.

Comment

And of course remember that each day, you become closer and closer to seeing him again. I really hope he sets up Skype soon, because I find that it's the next best thing to actually being with a person. Try to Skype as much as time allows and remember that he's thinking of you constantly, too. Good luck!

Comment

It's completely normal to be a wreck for a little while, but it definitely gets easier. You both fall into a routine and it makes it better when you know the next time you'll see each other. Try to stay busy and reach out to people. One of the worst things you can do is isolate yourself.

Comment

It's going to suck, but you will get better at it! Hang in there, and don't lose hope. He's thinking about you just as much as you're missing him. I hope these three months pass quickly for you.
            Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

The 1st few days will be tough and it's normal to become a wreck. I was the same way... But on the bright side you're one day closer to the next time you'll meet again. And it's a plus you know when that time will be (3 months). Hang in there and keep yourself busy, it won't easy but it'll be worth it in the end

Comment

Those first days are awful. You cry every time you think of them, and everything makes you think of them. But, it does get better. Like the others have said, knowing when you'll see him again helps a lot. One thing you can do is keep busy. Get a hobby, go out with friends. The busier you stay, the less you'll notice the time passing. It just makes it easier.

Good luck, and remember, we're all here if you need us!
                Met online: Nov 2010 - Met in person: Nov 20, 2010
                Closed the distance: April 27, 2011
                Accepted to PhD program 200 miles away: March 2012
                LD again: July 24, 2012
                Left School and Closed the Distance for good: March 8, 2013
                Married: November 1, 2014
                Started job 200 miles away: February 23, 2015

Comment

Working...
                X