Back from my trip 47 days early

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back from my trip 47 days early

I was supposed to spend the entire summer with my fiance. instead I'm back home. his roommate made things absolutely miserable for us and we couldn't stay in their apartment nor were we able to use his car (another long story). so I had to shell out the money for both. so early on in my 2 week trip I had the roommate and money stress. the reason why I had to come home was he was in the process of getting emergency custody of his kids (which is fantastic because their mother is just horrendous) and once they were living with him we wouldn't be able to spend time together. he was told that today he'd have them but now it looks like it'll be this Monday. that's the only reason why I left so soon. if we would have known all of this I would have left on Monday- that would have given us more time together. now I'm home and it just plain sucks. I see my fiance every 5.5 months and now we don't know when we'll see each other again. it could be 1 year from now. things will be different once he officially has custody of his kids, which I totally get. I've been crying a lot. it just stinks for me right now.

That sucks, I'm sorry

Why couldn't you be there while he has his kids?

Met online: 1/30/11
    Met in person: 5/30/12
    Second visit: 9/12/12
    Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

Sorry to hear about his roommate making your visit miserable :/ And it sucks you had to come home early from your trip. Sending hugs your way!

Comment

People who have kids together find time for each other regardless of said kids, so I'm really not sure why you couldn't stay. I mean, you're getting married and he's getting full custody - likely the rest of your visits they will be there. So I don't get it.

I'm sorry the flatmate was so unexpectedly inhospitable though. Some people are such jerks!
        Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Huggsss*** I'm sorry your visit was cut short due to various reasons... =(

Comment

the reason why I didn't stay was he was going to have to be spending most of his time with his kids, which I 100% support. I would be left alone at the hotel. that would make me pretty miserable so I came home early. this summer visit was just screwed up from the start. his roommate made things horrible for us but I made other arrangements for us but this was something I couldn't compete with.

the thing that stinks was he was told he'd have custody this week but this has not happened yet. if we would have known that it was going to take time- again, he was told it was going to be by yesterday- I would have stayed there to be with him and take care of him. we both reacted right in the heat of the moment based on the info we were given, which was misleading. there's nothing we can do about it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry View Post
              the reason why I didn't stay was he was going to have to be spending most of his time with his kids, which I 100% support. I would be left alone at the hotel. that would make me pretty miserable so I came home early. this summer visit was just screwed up from the start. his roommate made things horrible for us but I made other arrangements for us but this was something I couldn't compete with.

the thing that stinks was he was told he'd have custody this week but this has not happened yet. if we would have known that it was going to take time- again, he was told it was going to be by yesterday- I would have stayed there to be with him and take care of him. we both reacted right in the heat of the moment based on the info we were given, which was misleading. there's nothing we can do about it now.
              That's really lame, I'm so sorry you had to go home early. Sometimes crappy things happen. Maybe there was a reason for it, but I know that you're probably missing him tons how. I'm sending tons o' hugs your way, hopefully it wont have to be so long until you can see him again <3
              "I love the stars and the moon because I know that I'm always sitting under the exact same ones as you"

Comment

So what will be different when he has full Custody? I guess I don't see why you can't be included with his time with the kids now. Seems to me you both should be working on making that happen as that will be the reality soon.

Originally posted by Kerry View Post

Met online: 1/30/11
                Met in person: 5/30/12
                Second visit: 9/12/12
                Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

Working...
                X