Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boyfriend heading to bootcamp, and I need advice and ideas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boyfriend heading to bootcamp, and I need advice and ideas!

My boyfriend and I have been together for three years now, and were lucky enough to actually live in the same town for two of those years. Then, my family moved and I went off to college. He is older than me, and has a "real job" as a firefighter, making it nearly impossible for him to think about moving anytime soon. However, just recently he also got into the National Guard. He has always wanted to serve his country in every single way that he can, and he absolutely loves both of his jobs. He is about to go off to bootcamp for 10 weeks, and I really need some ideas of how to keep myself busy. I know many of you on here have been through this, and I really need help getting myself prepped for what is to come. He is my whole world, and we literally spend every waking minute talking to each other. It is going to be very tough for me, and I am anxious and nervous. I do not doubt we will make it through, I just need some ideas of ways to keep myself busy, or things other women did while their boyfriends and such were gone. I know he will be busy and that I will be the last thing on his mind, but he will be first in mine, Im going to be so lonely. Any advice or ideas? I'd love to hear what others have to say!

you'll be going back to school before he gets done (i assume), so that should help some.
    Take up a new hobby, exercise (and surprise him with a new figure), write to him - snail mail - send cards, encouraging letters etc. Those will help him emotionally while he is gone.
    reconnect with old friends and family. Dont just sit around being miserable. Volunteer somewhere - go read to the elderly, or take them shopping, volunteer at an animal shelter.
    everything happens for a reason. We may never find out what that reason is/was, but there is a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by subeasley View Post
      you'll be going back to school before he gets done (i assume), so that should help some.
      Take up a new hobby, exercise (and surprise him with a new figure), write to him - snail mail - send cards, encouraging letters etc. Those will help him emotionally while he is gone.
      reconnect with old friends and family. Dont just sit around being miserable. Volunteer somewhere - go read to the elderly, or take them shopping, volunteer at an animal shelter.
      she said it , working helped me. ummm i always find something to do, buuut since my SO prepares me so mentally hard, when it comes to feel sad for missing/needing him all i do is cry it out n move forward fast , helps a lot

Comment

Originally posted by subeasley View Post
        always find something to do to keep yourself busy. i work and go to school full-time so during the the weekdays i don't have much time for anything else, which helps me A LOT.

Comment

Working...
        X