No announcement yet.

Do you do this on Skype....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me it's not about the constant discussion. It's about getting to spend some time with my SO. It's a kind of togetherness without expectation. Sure, we communicate a lot of the time and that's fine but it's nice just to have them there. Even if it's just hearing the tick tack of fingers on the keyboard and his light breathing in my ears.

Comment

Me and my SO do the samething...I like knowing he is right there and that we feel connected. We even sleep with our cams on all night long, that is so comforting to me...Its obviously not the same as sleeping right next to him and cuddling but having the cams on all night is better then nothing.... :P

Comment

yes... we're doing that right now.. haha! we're on google video chat and we're not really talking to each other. we'll be doing our own things and then we'll have small conversations, then back to silence. i enjoy the feeling of just having him around, even though it's virtual. it just feels great to be able to look over and see his face through my screen

Comment

Here...same here. My SO does this. He usually does other stuff while we're on skype. And I start to feel a little uncomfortable since I think that I am boring or he doesn't know what to talk about. Thing is, he is deployed and there is not much we can talk about except how work was and what else we did on that day...can't wait for him to be back in the US. I think that makes it a little easier.

Oh and a little off topic...I am not a native english speaker, but I guess quite fluent, yet sometimes I have issues expressing my feelings or what ever I want to talk about...that makes me feel emberassed and sometimes I beging to stutter (not really bad though lol) What can I do to help me out of this kind of situations...

thank you!!!

Comment

Now we have little times to talk, and we just focus on each other for the 15-60 minutes we have available. In his off-season we sometimes talked for hours, sometimes mostly texting, then we would like check mail and Facebook at the same time. Now, what I mostly like is to just see his face and see/hear him say he miss me, so I don't want things to interfere with that.
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Mostly we just sit there and talk to each other, but he does have the TV often on. We have both seen each other cook, eat, do the dishes etc.
              But mostly we concentrate on each other. The connection at his end isn't very good, Skype keeps cutting of so we couldn't do a Skype sleepover (it would last from 5 to 30 mins lol)

On my holiday I loved Skyping with him when he was at work (even though it was only short while as he has to work) because the connection and camera are so much better.
              And for some reason he looks even sexier and cuter at work

Comment

My SO and I like to skype while we both do work on our computers. We don't talk much during that, but we feel each other's presence, and it helps us focus and be at ease. In general, I love sharing my daily life with my SO, and I love being a part of his, so I really don't mind if it means we don't talk constantly during it, I just like being there in a way. One time, he even had a webcam chat with me while he was housesitting at someone else's place - I got to see how he tended to the dogs there and all, that was lovely.

~
                It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                The hands of the many must join as one
                And together we'll cross the river

Comment

I definitely do this with my SO a lot. We are literally Skyping 5+ hours each other.. if we're not out, we're at home Skyping. Most of the time we'll both be doing our own thing, but with Skype on. My SO has 2 computers, so he'll have Skype on on his laptop and doing whatever on his desktop. I study a lotttt so most of the time I'm Skyping on my laptop and studying on my iPad. It's nice just to have his presence there so when and if I suddenly think of something I want to say/tell him, he's right there!
                  [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
                  became official: 28.03.11
                  first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
                  second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
                  our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
                  third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
                  fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
                  surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
                  viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
                  jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
                  my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

Working...
                  X