This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to early or just crazy in love?

well ive been with my bf since march 26 && like we always tell each other that we are gunna get married when we get older && have a family plus hes gunna buy an apartment when i go visit him when im 18 or hes gunna probably come & visit me.^_^ its that to early to talk about marriage ?!?!

You can talk about it, doesn't mean it is going to happen.

Comment

When you are in love it's nice to talk about these things and think about a future together. BUt as you are really young, you will have to wait for see how your story goes. Good luck!

Comment

Kiara beat me to it! :P It is nice to talk about marriage but since you are young it shouldn't be your prime focus. No need to rush! Just enjoy your time together as a couple

Comment

I started talking about settling down with my SO after we'd been together for no longer than a few weeks (I'd just turned 18 and he was coming up to 21). Almost two years on and in reality we're still nowhere near the point of doing such a thing As the others have said it's wonderful to dream about the future - hey, isn't that a huge part of what being in love is about? - but don't try to predict it, or worry about the what ifs. Just enjoy the present moment and see where life takes the two of you

Comment

Sounds like both to me

Comment

OK for someone who is coming out of a 23 year marriage, let me tell you that most people rush into marriage waaaaay to fast as you can see by the divorce rates. I wish I had taken more time before I got married, but like everyone else, I was young, got pregnant and thought I was in love. Once the honeymoon phase wears off, and you get down to the nitty gritty of who changes diapers, who cleans, fixes dinner, works, pays the bills and takes care of all the other things it takes to run a house you realize quickly that marriage is a ton of work. Marriage is one of the hardest things you will ever do. Keeping it going and feeling like the day you married is the challenge. All of you are so young, take your time! What's the hurry? Make sure you are in love not in lust, live together see if you are compatible. Every new relationship feels like you are crazy in love and this is the "one", but you have to keep a level head and not let your emotions run away with you. For those of you who have been doing this for years and taking your time, my hat is off to you!

Comment

Talking about it is great if that's what makes you happy. While you're at it, talk about all the things Snowlilly just mentioned. Don't focus on your wedding and the kind of flowers you're going to carry, and what you're going to name your baby boy. Talk about how to make a marriage actually work in an every day sense. Work out what kind of lifestyle you want together, how your careers will fit together, and talk a bit more about property and housing... do you want to live in his place or do you think it would be better to wait and buy together?
                Communication is key and all that
                Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I think that 100 or is it a 1000? question book for ldr couples is truly a good one for any relationship. It addresses a lot of issues like religion, belief system, integrity, health etc.......all things you should be answering before one takes the plunge.....There were questions on there that I hadn't even thought to ask, and found things out that I didn't know already about Trepis

Comment

I agree with the posters above, it's always nice to talk about these type of things when you're in love. But you're both still so young to rush into marriage.. it is a big commitment and sadly, a lot of younger folks do rush in and some unfortunately do not work out. I'm not trying to say anything negative, what i'm saying is take things slow and see where it leads you both to

talking about marriage is one thing, but having it actually happen and things go according to your plans is something different.

Comment

Working...
                    X