HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP!

Me and my SO are having a real rough patch at the moment, weve been on a "break" for a couple of days. But tonight were having The conversation. We both really want to be together, but he dosnt seem to realise that All relationships, especially long distance, need work! He seems to believe that if it isnt coming easy then it isnt meant to be! Ive tried explaining to him that all relationships go through trials and rough patches, and we have to compromise etc. Please if you have any suggestions to help me reasure him or convince him that its normal to need to work through issues that would be great. Thanks!

Im sorry I can't give you the advice you want but atleast I know how you're feeling :3

Comment

Nothing in life is easy. If you really do want something you've got to work hard to get it and once you get it you've got to work hard to keep it. LDRs take work, any relationship takes work. I'm not sure if I have any advice to give but try and communicate some of how you're feeling with your SO. I hope things can even out for you soon (hugs)

Comment

While it's true that all relationships need to be worked on, sometimes I think people focus way too much on the "work" aspect, and forget to have fun. You don't specify what the issues are, so I can't really advise you much, other than to tell you to look inside yourself and see how much actual work your relationship needs, and that you aren't being too enthusiastic about wanting to work on things that realistically don't need it. Sometimes relationships work better on cruise-control rather than always needing to have "a conversation", you know what I mean? Not saying yours doesn't, as I said, there's not much info to go on, but just something I've observed in people from time to time. I've noticed that oftentimes, especially in LDR's, people have a tendency to turn little things into big things. Just a thought, good luck.
        Last edited by Moon; July 24, 2012, 12:40 PM.
        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks guys, Yes dont worry we have LOTSSS of fun I will take into acount what everyones said. Thanks everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by notyourexgirlfriend View Post
            Nothing in life is easy. If you really do want something you've got to work hard to get it and once you get it you've got to work hard to keep it. LDRs take work, any relationship takes work. I'm not sure if I have any advice to give but try and communicate some of how you're feeling with your SO. I hope things can even out for you soon (hugs)
            I agree with notyourexgirlfriend.. You weren't really specific with stating the problems, but try and communicate to see where the issue is.

good luck

Comment

I completely agree with notyourexgirlfriend and Jgui /:

Ideally, relationships are easy and everyone has a good time all the time. But when you have two people working together, you're going to come across problems. I'm not sure if "taking a break" is a good idea -- what type of break are you talking about? No communication at all for a set number of days?
              "If you get hungry enough, they say, you start eating your own heart"

Comment

When I say work I don't mean you have to communicate with each other daily or hourly or be in each other's pockets with regard to the relationship. It means that you need to be on the same page with communication, commitment, concessions and compromises. You need to know where each other stands and work around everything. If something is causing a bump in the road, you need to figure out what it is you're both going to do to overcome that. Cruise control is all well and good for when things actually are working but from reading that you're on a 'break' means to me, something isn't working.

I guess I am biased against breaks because to me a relationship is digital.You're either in it, or you're not. Breaks may as well be break ups in my mind. That's not to say that breaks can't work it's just my particular opinion on the topic.

Comment

Working...
                X