Kind of a difficult question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kind of a difficult question

Not sure how to word this question, so bear with me here.

As I've said before, my SO works in the Disney World park in Florida. He's been there since late January and he's been pretty mistreated ever since, especially now that it's the summer months and kids are out of school. I barely see him anymore. Earlier today he snuck off to call me (even had to call me back at one point since another manager almost caught him) and was telling me how he spent almost every day wanting to quit, he couldn't relax, he wasn't sleeping, etc.

Ever since work began eating his time and his patience I've wanted to ask him if he would mind my looking for jobs for him here. My city has a lot of employment opportunities right now and with the money I have saved I could help him move out here and maybe even split an apartment with him. Today I really wanted to ask, but I didn't because I'm scared it'd be going too far, or he'd flat out say no.

I know some people help their SOs get to where they are or they work to get to them, but I'm not so sure it's... appropriate? in this case. He's been trying to get me to move out there eventually, he even offered to help me get a job with Disney, but I'm not comfortable with moving when I haven't even started college, I'm on disability and medicare, and I'm easily overwhelmed. I'm afraid he'll react the same way or get mad that I'm suddenly trying to get him to move where I want when he's been trying for months to get me there. Really all I want is to get him out that job before he loses it and all my connections for getting anyone a job are here. I know people, my family knows people.

Not sure much of that made sense, sorry.

I would talk about it with him anyway. Him moving to you is another option, and if you think where you live you two will have a better chance to get a job/home/etc, why not?

The worst he can say is no when you're offering your help, so I'd definitely say something to him about it

Good luck! x

Comment

I'm just scared of the word no. XD

I mean I'm not asking it be permanent since I know eventually he wants to go back to Georgia, but I know where he is right now it's stressing him out and it's apparently an expensive city to live in. But he has connections there and in Georgia where he'd have none but me here and I'm not sure he'd be comfortable with that.

Comment

Well, all you can do is ask What harm will it do? You'll just be wondering what he'd say/wanting to ask him until you.. eventually do anyway.

If he says no it doesnt mean he doesnt wanna be with you does it? It's just not conveinient at that time.

I'd say go for it

Comment

I agree with them.

If you ask you always have a chance he'll say yes.
          If you don't ask you have a 100% risk of getting a no, even tho not a spoken one.

Comment

Echoes the other post ^^

It is worth a shot to bring it up! I would just to it casually. Just let him know that you are not putting pressure on him and it does not have to be permanent, but that you want what is best for him. Even if he says no right away, he will still probably remember your offer later on. Moreover, if he has expressed that he wants you to come live with him, I think you should be able to ask the same

Comment

Thanks everyone.

I asked him this morning and he was actually all for the idea. Now it's a matter of trying to figure out how to find him potential jobs here when he's still in Florida. Does anyone have any experience with getting out-of-state jobs?

Comment

Working...
              X