X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

waiting 2 years to see him.?!!!

i really really wanna see my S.O !!!
    But he said hes gunna visit me in like 2 years -.-
    but i really cant wait that long! well i like could but i just wanna see him so bad!!
    what should i tell him for i could make him visit me earlier!? ^.^ what do you think.

You can't force anyone to come visit you, whether it's your SO or your friend who lives down the street. If it's a financial issue, wait. Do not go into major debt to see each other. If it's an age issue, talk to your parents (and suggest he talk to his as well).

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
    Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
    Progress: Working on it.

Comment

I remember your thread about the age difference and I'm pretty sure that is why he wants to wait 2 years. I know it is hard to wait it out but if you really love him you'll do it. It shows a lot on his part that he wants to wait, he's smart. It also shows that he's willing to wait for you as well.

Comment

2 years is a long time to commit to someone without having met them... I'd be interested to know how many people here have had to wait that long before meeting.

Why can't he see you sooner?
        First met online: October 15th, 2011
        First met in-person: July 13th, 2012

Next meeting: September 21st, 2012

Comment

I had to wait two years to meet my SO in person. I was 15 and he was 16 when we met online and neither one of our parents knew we talked to each other until like a year after we started our relationship. Even when they found out we talked they still didn't really have any idea that we were in a relationship until we finally got the nerve to ask them if it would be alright that he comes to my senior prom with me. My mom took it better than expected. His parents flipped out and did background checks on me and my mom. They got over it however and I spent a month with my SO and his parents. His parents now love me so it all worked out. But anyways its not easy but it can be done. True love conquers all. If he's not ready to come visit you yet but he is willing to wait for then he obviously cares about you. Give him the time he needs. Good luck!

"I love you and I've loved you all along and I miss you. Been far away for far too long."<3

Comment

I have to wait over 2 years myself. I only just met him earlier this year and it was because of financial reasons. Some things just aren't that easy. But it does sound like it is an age thing after reading the responses.

Comment

I'm pretty sure he wants to wait because of your age difference. He probably knows that if you do anything sexual, he could be labeled as a sexual predator. Anyways though, it's a good sign that he's that dedicated to you that he's willing to wait two years just to meet. It took over a year for me to meet my SO, and since then, we've had to wait just about another year to see each other. It's hard to get through all those months of not seeing each other but it is indeed possible. There are couples on here that have waited longer, I'm sure.

Comment

i think there are members from this forum whom waited a while before meeting their SO for the 1st time. You cant really force someone to meet if they arent ready or comfortable yet. And youve mentioned he was few years older, maybe he wants to wait until youre older to meet for precaution reasons.

Comment

Well, I know how you feel.

I've been in a relationship with my boyfriend for over a year now and it's mostly likely for us to see in more than four years from now.

I know there are times he has gotten upset that we can't meet any earlier, but he's a very patient person.
                  Remember, love waits.

Joined in 2012. Restarted in 2017!

Comment

I know how you are feeling, and have been following your threads on here, sorry for being so blunt, but you are just being immature. sorry to point it out. you guys are young and i have seen alot of wise people advice you on here. and they suggested that you should wait. your SO is young, he probably is not in a financial situation to afford a ticket to come see you. you cant force anyone to come see you when you want, if that behaviour continues and if you keep bugging him to come see you, you are going to face trouble for no reason. patience is one of the most important things you have to get used to in a LDR. so be patient, and suppotive to your SO, rather than being impatient and indesicive.

Comment

I waited just a little over 2 years before me and my SO ever met in person. And for us it was well worth the wait. Was true in my case on the quote, good things come to those who wait. For us there were a few factors, we were 16 going on 17 when we first got together, and we had over 4000 miles between us. So there was that, but either way, if the feelings are real and its meant to be you can handle a wait this long. Patience is huge in a LDR, takes a lot of patience, but good luck, start saving up now!
                      I love you Nathan <3
                      sigpic
                      5/25/09 <3

Comment

well it almost took that for me and Denise to finally see each other, and you never know things change maybe it will be sooner. you gotta remember things come up like finances, kids(if he has them) just life in general and sometimes visits get put off. we had at least 4-5 dates she had planned to visit me but those fell through for many reasons but it eventually happened

Comment

Working...
                        X