Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Birthday Movie Suggestion?

Hey guys!

It's my birthday today and I don't have any plans since I'm away from my SO (like usual). I was thinking about watching a movie with my SO later tonight. We'll both download it and watch it at the same time and talk on Skype as it's playing. But I'm wondering what movie to watch. I want a chick flick, which usually isn't my thing, but I really feel like some gushy romance right now. And since it's my birthday, it's my movie pick! (Finally! My SO is almost always the picker of movies)

Suggestions?

PS: I really like Crazy Stupid Love but since I watched it a week ago, I think I'm going to take that one off the table. As well as Titanic and The Notebook. I've seen those too many times :P
    Our Story
    Met on www.chat-avenue.com on December 27, 2010
    Met in person on Decemeber 29, 2010
    Long distance from Jan 2011-March 2013
    Lived an hour away from each other March 2013-June 2013
    Living together June 2013 -August 2013!
    Long distance from Sept 2013 - unknown

Living happily in a monagmish relationship since December 29, 2010

Try "P.S. I Love You" starring Hillary Swank and Gerard Butler or "A Little Bit of Heaven" starring Kate Hudson and Gael García... or "A Lot Like Love" with Ashton Kutcher and Amanda Peet!! those are really good chick flicks!!

“Laughing like children, living like lovers, rolling like thunder under the covers”

Comment

Thanks!

I watched Blue Valentine (with Ryan Gosling) with my SO and PS: I love You by myself (which I of course cried hysterically during).

Blue Valentine was not was I expected. It had some good "aww" moments, but it was quite depressing. Probably not my best movie choice for an occasion, but a good movie if you didn't have happy expectations. But PS: I Love You never fails

Ugh I'm 20 now.. I guess I have to start being an adult.
      Our Story

Comment

The Timetraveller's wife?

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

I take it you don't need anymore movie suggestions? Hahaha.

Here are a couple of my favorite all time chick flicks in case you ever felt the urge to watch other chick flicks :P - The Proposal (Sandra Bullock is my favorite actress of all time), Failure to Launch (Matthew McConaughey is hot), How to lose a guy in 10 days (Kate Hudson + Matthew McConaughey)

These are some old movies so they should be out for download on websites if you ever decide to watch them. And Happy Belated Birthday

Comment

It's funny you chose Blue Valentine... I was gonna suggest it, but i thought it wasnt a good idea because it's sad... I watched with my then CD boyfriend and made me realize/confirm a few things about him while we discussed the movie.

P.S. I Love You... Oh well... It's Gerard Butler, how can you go wrong???

And about your age... Come on!!! I turned 30 in March (ugh!!!) and in certain ways i refuse to grow up... Oh, and I went on a chick flick marathon a week before my b-day (Bridesmaids, A Little Bit of Heaven, The Notebook, P.S. I Live You) and it wasnt pretty... I cried the whole day because of the movies, my pre-birthday depression and missing my SO...

Oh, and i forgot on my previous post... Happy Birthday!!!

“Laughing like children, living like lovers, rolling like thunder under the covers”

Comment

Aww thanks. I know turning 30 for me will be wayyy worse. But I still don't want to be 20 either :P Blue Valentine was a really good movie, just not birthday appropriate. But I'm a huge Ryan Gosling admirer so I went threw his filmography and thought it looked interesting.
              Our Story

Comment

Working...
              X