Is it normal to feel this way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it normal to feel this way?

So my boyfriend and I have been apart for only a few days. And for us, that's a big adjustment. Before the distance, we were constantly with each other, and constantly on the phone. And now, since I've left, I have to wait almost 24 hours before he contacts me.

I feel so left out. I feel like he's already sinking into his new life and soon enough he's going to just forget about me. I'm so overwhelmed because last year before he broke up with me he just stopped talking to me, contacted me once, then stopped and called me a few days later to break up with me, and I'm feeling like it's happening all over again. I know I'm probably overreacting but I'm a really anxious person, and I will obsess about this until I see him again.

I need to know if all these emotions are normal to feel. For the past few days around 9:00, I'll start to cry if he hasn't called yet. I just feel stupid.

And I know there's plenty of reasons why he doesn't have time to call, like the fact that he's in school already (until 4:20 my time), then he often has football practice afterwards, and since he's not used to the constant practices he's sleeping if practice happens to be later. I KNOW I'm overreacting. I knew that writing this out would help me but I just need advice on how to deal with all this.

I feel like I need a sedative or something to calm me down.
    I also feel like a crazy person; I have rambled way too much.

Anyway, any advice on how to CALM these emotions would be awesome and I'll love you forever.
    started dating: 12/08/12
    "i love you": 04/12/13
    el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
    montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
    el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
    montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
    el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
    el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
    el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
    san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
    san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

it is normal to feel like that, and it is very normal while you are thinking all these things, your partner is just busy and is not as sensitive/anxious as you. I suggest you go out and find activities to do by yourself. when you have too much free time on your hands and when you live miles and miles away from you SO it gets crazy and you start to think crazy thoughts. so take good use of the extra free time you have, go to a library, or a coffeeshop, start a blog and blog ur feelings, and try to concentrate on yourself, get some good sleep, go window shopping, concentrate on making ur skin feel good, take a bubble bath. you concetrating on why he hasnt called or msged is just taking away all the energy you have from within. put some of that energy on to urself, and do something to make you feel good. start to dress nice even if you are just staying at home, those little things boost your confidence. concetrate on yourself. the distance is not easy, but it does help you to have ample time for ur self, pamper your self, and those nerves will calm down pretty soon

and you can aso talk to your SO in a calm way and fix a time of the day for him to call or text you, so you know that he would send you a text ir will cal you at that time everyday. that would help calm your nerves a lot better

Comment

This is just an adjusting period. Whoever has moved away needs to adjust to their new routine and way of life in their new town. Just keep the communication open and honest and you'll be OK.

If you don't mind me asking, what was his reason for breaking up with you before?

Comment

Maybe you should let him know your feeling upset because you miss him. Like Zapookie said "keep you communication open and honest." Also getting away from being alone is a good idea. Find a hobby or something to keep you busy. Stay strong I know it's not easy. Good luck!

"I love you and I've loved you all along and I miss you. Been far away for far too long."<3

Comment

Working...
        X