Soon to be in a LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soon to be in a LDR

Hi All, i am soon to be in a long distance relationship as my girlfriend has just got a job aboard a Royal Caribbean cruise ship. I know i'm in for a tough time ahead so thought i'd get stuck in and join the community. She only found out a couple of days ago and she leaves in 3 weeks!!

I've already discovered i need to embrace this and support her rather than resent it or it will end up destroying me.

Would be good to hear from some people in a similar situation

Welcome to LFAD

The best thing you can do it keep your communication as honest, open and frequent as possible. I'm not sure how you'll be able to contact her from aboard the ship (do they have internet on ships? I've never been on one lol).

At this point, do you know how often you'll be seeing her?

Comment

firstly sounds like an awesome job..except id get sea sick damn...contact is important so you would need to establish a means of making contact..dont know what reception is like on the ocean though...LDR relationships are tough but they require good communication and trust..goodluck

Comment

Communication will be hard. It's gonna be old fashioned love letters!! There is wifi but at a cost and she will be working 12 hours, 6 days a week so Skyping etc will be infrequent to be honest. I think thats my problem. If we could speak every day then it would not be half as bad but to be fair days if not weeks may go by between contact/hearing her voice/seeing her face Her contract is 7 months. Then she has 2 months back and it all starts over again. I'm willing to make it work as i love her more than anything in the world but its gonna be so so hard!!!

Comment

It's great to hear that you're so supportive of her! Best of luck with your LDR and welcome to LFAD

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kristin91 View Post
            It's great to hear that you're so supportive of her! Best of luck with your LDR and welcome to LFAD
            Thank you so much! It;s great to be with similar people

Comment

Working...
            X