Handmade gift ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handmade gift ideas

Alright so I was looking at the ideas that were posted on this site and I love them, so I decided to do one today. I cut some fabric that my mom has and wrapped it around a piece of cardboard and glued it down then cut out a heart out of another frabric material and glued it in the center. Then took my rose scented oil and covered the back fabric in it, and my spray perfume and sprayed it on the heart. A little different from whats on here but same idea. I'm hoping he likes it, what kind of things have you made for your S/O?

Last week I got lots of scrapbooking stickers and used them to write a letter on about 5 different postcard sized pieces of cardstock. Like I got a California sticker and an Australian one, a plane, luggage, etc...to tell him how excited I am to go see him was super expensive for what essentially was a letter but it turned out really cute. Now just waiting for him to receive it!

Met online: 1/30/11
    Met in person: 5/30/12
    Second visit: 9/12/12
    Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

I made my SO a custom picture frame He has it on his computer desk with a picture of me in it.

Comment

Last month I wrote him a love letter on some kitty cat stationary (he loooves cats). And I made him a heart shaped pokeball out of construction paper and wrote, "Wild Juria used Attract!" (he loves Pokemon). Then cut out a bunch of hearts. I didn't make this next part, but I got him a mechanical pencil with a cat paw at the end. I sent it all in a pink envelope with hearts on it. I've drawn us together a few times too. I'm planning on making him some kitty PJ pants at some point for his birthday.

Comment

I love all those ideas expecially the pokemon one!

Comment

I have made my SO a digital scrapbook album, which I then got printed professionally He loved it and has it hanging on his wall.
            No time zone or distance or anything can keep us apart

Comment

I make cards out of recycled things (old cards, tissue box patterns that I like, leaves/flowers, scrapbook material and stickers). I can't post links yet but I have pictures of some of them I had made for a charity thing You can personalize them any which way and its amazing how bits and pieces of nothing in particular can come together. We've talked about getting all sorts of odd pets so I also made a little mobile hangy thing with origami animals which I stuck onto fuzzy pipe cleaners. I made him a knotted string bracelet which he said he would wear :P. I sent them to him for his birthday last month which he still hasn't gotten. *sighs* I'm in the midst of re-doing everything.
              “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

I've made my fiance a scrapbook that's filled with pictures of us and things we've done. I've also made him a scarf using his favorite colors. I did the index cards with 100 reasons why I love him, and just a few other small things that I can't seem to remember write now.
                "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                Made it official: September 17, 2010
                Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                Got married: November 21, 2012
                Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

I got a deck of cards and did a "52 Things I Love About You" for Valentines day....It was really fun and he LOVED it!

Comment

I made a keepsake box to keep the letters in that i send. As its 7 months till i next see her it also has 7 gifts inside. She is able to open 1 gift each month. The gifts range from poems to silver plated love hearts. I even put a video message on a usb stick for her to watch. She doesn't know about most of these yet but i'm sure she won't be on here any time soon. I cant post the link to the pics of it but you can follow my username on twitter (its the same) if you have it and the pics are on there
                    Last edited by Anubis1311; August 23, 2012, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Wow these are all great ideas. I am working on a small notebook listing the reasons and things I love about him now. Hoping to have it done by his birthday. I also want to make a blanket with pictures on it though not sure how to put the pictures onto the fabric yet, any ideas on how to do this?

Comment

Originally posted by Puppy's.Kitty View Post
                        Wow these are all great ideas. I am working on a small notebook listing the reasons and things I love about him now. Hoping to have it done by his birthday. I also want to make a blanket with pictures on it though not sure how to put the pictures onto the fabric yet, any ideas on how to do this?
                        You can buy iron-on transfer paper at your local Wal-Mart, Target, or craft store. (I recommend craft store above WalMart or Target) All you'll need is a color printer, pictures of you/your SO/you together, fabric (make sure you wash it first!), and an iron. (And a fair amount of time to print & iron on the papers.) I'd recommend buying extra papers-just in case you need to reprint a picture!

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                        Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                        Progress: Working on it.

Comment

For his birthday i made him a small scrapbook album with some stuff we picked up when we were together (little seashells, love notes, a lock of my hair, a small drawing and an origami bunny we made together on cam.)

Sort of something like this, but i built it differently and i only have simple colored papers. Origami/patterned paper and embellishments are hard to find here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb_y48MaFdg

I'd love to make something like this for Christmas but again.. limited resources.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ7n6mHYxfY

Anyway YouTube has thousands of great ideas for handcrafting items, albums, 3D cards, pop-up stuff, origami, etc.
                          Last edited by rina; September 21, 2012, 07:42 AM.

Comment

At the moment I'm making something similar to this

only difference is that I have a different size and I'm not using the instructions on there, I just use the idea and use pictures of our first meeting/holiday

Comment

I've sent him a few things. I've sent him homemade brownies and cookies, a few different scrapbooks of pics of me and the kids and the last one made had pics of his family and mine. For last Valentines Day I made a photo box and decorated it and in that box had either a quote, a date idea, his/my pick for movie, etc and there was one for everyday of the year. He really loved it. It was really fun to make but omg took forever lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X