I'm back! :) Hello hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back! :) Hello hello!

Hi everyone! I don't know if any of you remember me or not, but I just back from a three month long visit with my SO, and they were absolutely the best three months of my life. I'm doing much better than I thought I was going to be with missing him, but I have to keep myself busy with school and family to even stay sane. We've been in constant contact, but I'm still on a bit of autopilot, and I haven't really allowed myself to fully process our situation yet. I keep thinking I'll wake up tomorrow morning, and he'll be by my side, and everything will be right in the world again.

I mostly just wanted to say hello to everyone (I have been keeping up with the forums over in Ireland), but I also wanted to ask for any general advice or coping tips you have after the "first visit." I know I got quite a long time in comparison to most of the couples on here, but it doesn't make saying goodbye any easier. In fact, I think it makes me miss him more, since we shared the same shadow all summer. I feel surprisingly content, knowing that we'll be working our asses off to see each other again, but a big chunk of my heart died the moment I went through that airplane terminal and saw him last.

I just can't wait to be fully alive again.

I'm trying to think of it as that I'm so lucky to be this in love with someone, and have someone so special--priceless, really--to miss, but I'm hoping for some words of wisdom from veterans of these visit shenanigans.

I just wanted to end with a quote that captures my feelings about distance at the moment:

“Why can't we get all the people together in the world that we really like and then just stay together? I guess that wouldn't work. Someone would leave. Someone always leaves. Then we would have to say good-bye. I hate good-byes. I know what I need. I need more hellos.” ~Charles M. Schulz

Good to be back!
    "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Welcome back!

Comment

so glad to hear it went well. How did it go with the kids and the ex?
      everything happens for a reason. We may never find out what that reason is/was, but there is a reason.

Comment

Welcome back!

Comment

Working...
        X