Why can't guys handle the distance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why can't guys handle the distance?

My boyfriend told me that he can't handle the distance anymore. I'm having a hard time with it too but I'm trying my best because I love him. Now he springs this up and it shattered my world. I mean, if I can do it...why can't he? I don't know anymore.

There are loads of men who can have LDRs, lots of us have boyfriends. Some people think they can go through with it but when it really sinks in they suddenly realize they cannot. I'm so sorry you got your heart broken but LDRs are not for everybody. Most of us cant handle it sometimes, which is why we have friends on here to vent to, to ask for advice and to help us stay strong.
    Made it official: 12-01-10
    First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
    Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

This has nothing to do with guys. This is your boyfriend not all men in general. Maybe there is more to it then he says.

Comment

This has nothing to do with guyS, men handle the distance at the same rate as women, it's your guy who can't handle it. There is no way to know how well someone can handle and LDR until they've been in one, and unfortunately when that happens, someone is going to get hurt, I'm sorry about that. Distance can be tough, especially when you don't know when, or how often, you'll even be able to meet, but it nobody's fault, it's just one of those things that happens. If he's telling you this only 4 months in, it's not the type of thing that's likely to get better. As much as it stings, be grateful for his honesty and that you didn't waste a lot of time on a relationship that couldn't go anywhere.

You and he are different, that's why you can cope and he can't. Not everybody can do an LDR. Good luck.
        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I agree, that is a stereotypical thing to say about "guys". LDRs are difficult and each of us has to decide whether or not it's worth it. Some decide it's not worth the difficulties and if so, then it was not meant to be and probably would not have worked out even if CD. It's a commitment issue, and both men and women have them. If two people are committed to another, they will make it work.

Comment

I don't know!

Why can't women drive?

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
              I don't know!

Why can't women drive?
              I lol'd
              Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

It's not all men. Honestly, my SO and I were LD for 18 months and he handled it. We are going back to LD in 2 days and we are coping and will get through it again. The distance is temporary, but not everyone is cut out for it. Listen, LDR's are friggin' tough. Every relationship is tough, but LDR's are even tougher. It takes a strong couple to successfully handle it, a lot of sacrificing, commitment and A LOT of compromising. A lot of people think it'll be a walk in the park, but in reality, that's not how it works; those are the people who do not have a successful LDR.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

All generalizations are wrong...

...except that one ^^
                  First met online: October 15th, 2011
                  First met in-person: July 13th, 2012

Next meeting: September 21st, 2012

Comment

Working...
                  X