Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

closing the distance, a mix of emotions :/

hey everyone

I and my SO plan on closing the distance, next week i know i should be happy but it is a mix of emotions. we wont be living together but will be attending he same collage that means i get to see him 3-4 days a week :P <3 i am really happy
    but i haven t been studying for like 2 years now, and i m nervous about starting collage again. i want to complete my degree, thats why i am going back to collage to be with my SO I know the country well, because we both were born there.
    this is a new chapter in my life, but i feel so effing nervous and emotional. I am like an emotional roll coaster :/ i know this is the right decision for me.

I live with abusive parents at the moment. i want to go far away from them, so much far away that they cant find me ever. so i am happy that i am leaving. however i am feeling kinnda sad and annoyed about leaving them. why the hell is that?
    my question is why do i feel this emotional, and almost wanting to question my chpice to leave? when i have been planning this for months, and just at the last min i feel a mix of emotions
    help?
    thanks guys

I wish I could help, but I really don't know what to say. I think that you're emotional because things are changing and it might be a bit different than you expected. I mean my parents are kinda the same way, but I would be sad to leave them because they're the people I spend everyday with =3 It's complicated I'm sure, but I hope the best for you two good luck!!

Comment

I think it's a normal reaction
      Really exciting times ahead and no matter how bad a situation can be at home it is still your home and what's waiting for you is the unknown. But it's also an adventure and I'm sure it'll be fantastic

Comment

i think you are overwhelmed with alot of emotions right now...and i think you need to give them all time to settle down a little...and get used to alot of new things...i understand wanting to get away from abusive parents as well...and the answer to why you are still sad about leaving them...is that they are still your parents...that's a really hard thing...i hope all works out for you...and you can give yourself the time you need to adjust

Comment

It's a BIG change. It's natural to have confused and even conflicting emotions. No one likes change. Before I closed the distance a few weeks ago, I was actually totally apathetic to the whole thing. My mind couldn't handle it all -sad to leave my parents, happy to be with my SO, scared to live on my own (in a dorm), nervous about college. But I didn't feel any of it. I was numb. We all deal with stress in different ways. Just ride the wave and let your SO catch you when you hit the beach.

Comment

Working...
          X