abit worried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

abit worried

so the SO is going away next week, back to university...

this holiday has been amazing.

the long distance last year really tore us apart, we were really about to break up for good (in fact, we did at one point for 2 weeks but he made alot of promises and i did too).

the start of the holiday was where we talked it all out, held each other, hugged etc...

middle of the holiday, he had a car crash (everyone is OK) so that brought us closer together in a way...

n now at the end, we have talked about how we could move in together within about 2 years, how we have a future together, how much we will miss each other etc...

im really worried now that the distance will split us up again. i told him this and he said i was just being silly about it, but really... are we just a good couple when close distance, and then when its long distance things go pear shaped?

sorry if its abit of a vent. im just really worried (plus i have an anxiety disorder, which probably doesnt help!)

thanks

p.s for my bday (on friday) he said he is getting me something big, and its not in his room atm (incinuating its in a shop)..... WHAT COULD IT BE? :O its not: a car, a tv, an ipad, a kindle, a wardrobe (heh ok i asked this to make him laugh), anything to do with a car...
    :P

distance is hard...and i'm sure your anxiety disorder doesn't help..but if things are that good when close together....the waiting and long distance will be worth it...find ways to make things fun what long distance...skype...texting...instant messengers...change it up and make it fun...video chatting...oh...and the birthday present...rings can be made in a shop if he designed something...just saying....lol

Comment

I have really bad anxiety too. We've only been long distance for a month now, but I can already feel my anxiety getting worse. I think the best thing to do when you're feeling worried about something is to talk it through, right away. But I find that sometimes you can just let the little things slide, you know? It makes it easier on the relationship if you or your partner are not constantly disagreeing on things that could be left alone. Of course I have no idea why your relationship was complicated before, but I think not letting the little things get the best of you is helpful. Also, don't worry too much about the distance, because before you know it, you'll be together again, and you already know things work well closed distance. What really helps my worry and anxiety is talking throughout the day. I know it's not always possible to talk frequently, especially with school and stuff, but I find that sometimes just one message from him during the day can really help me along. Talk about it with your SO. I hope this helps.

Best wishes!
      started dating: 12/08/12
      "i love you": 04/12/13
      el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
      montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
      el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
      montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
      el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
      el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
      el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
      san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
      san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16