Such hard time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Such hard time

This might be a bit rambling but I really have no one to share so I hope you guys understand

I've been home for almost three months now and it's been great. UNTIL I started to apply for my visa extension for the next years in uni. My application was a mess, mostly because my middle name was missing in every piece of document and it might get me refused so I had to change everything again. And the embassy requires every paper to be original so I had to ask my former college to send it from the UK. I had to book appointments again and again and I'm afraid that I might get refused if anything goes wrong. I'm a week late from the start date now. It's really stressful.

Next, my mom, she helped me with those stuff too and was stressful as well. Today when I asked her if I could go home this Christmas, she refused furiously and told me that I should use the money to pay for my own living and doesn't waste 800 pounds to go back just for a month. I'm fine with the idea but the way she talked to me just made me lose control and I talked back. And she also keeps controlling me where and how to drive on the road and I was angry. And then I just feel sad, half for talking back to my mom and half for not knowing what to do with her being stubborn and bossing around.

and then comes my SO, we plan to meet to day, but after the incident with my mom, I just don't feel good enough to go out. I cancelled and I said I wanted to be alone for a while, but she keeps asking me what's wrong while I'm still upset so I can't give her a clear answer. Then she told me that I was playing games and played her around. We fought for a while and stopped talking. She was stressed by her work too and I what I tried not to do is making her listen to my ranting. but she was angry and stopped talking to me. and this time I'm feeling all of the above plus lonely because I don't have anyone close to talk to now

Hope everything will be better tomorrow.

Good luck

I have a Vietnamese international student friend as well, and her mother is the same as yours . She always gets told what and how to do everything, but my friend just brushed her off.

Just make it clear to her that you have your own life in the UK, but she is still your mother and you love her immensely!

Comment

I'm aware that she loves me, in an asian way, that's why I can't do anything about it. she cooled off a bit now anyway

I'm looking forward to having a talk with my SO tonight. hopefully it goes well.

Comment

Working...
      X