Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today is our anniversary ='( shouldn't I be happy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is our anniversary ='( shouldn't I be happy?

So today is our 3 year anniversary and I have been looking forward to it until today. ='( I sent him a card and I made my SO a scrapbook, got him a shirt and took 2 sexy pics of me in the shirt and sent them to him. I wasn't expecting anything material at all but I'm not going to lie I would of loved an ecard or he has this flower app he sends me flowers from sometime ( he used to all the time and now never does ='() I would of loved to get those flowers. Hell a simple note would of been better than noting and would of let me know this day means as much to him as it does to me. We haven't really been spending anytime together lately other than going to bed. Its killing me inside he keeps saying this is what he wants but its really not looking like that anymore. I don't know what to do anymore I've told him all of this and nothing changes for long maybe a day or 2 but then it goes right back. I can't imagine my life without him. Instead of this being a happy day I've spent most of the day crying. And crying at work isn't fun at all. Sorry for complaining. I don't really have anyone to talk to the few people who know about us aren't supportive and would just talk shit. My kids know and are very supportive and love him so I'm having to have my game face on now that I'm home. I don't want them to see my upset espeically my oldest ( shes 15) she will end up calling or texting him and I don't want that or her in the middle of us. Thanks for listening.

When did you guys see each other last time? Maybe he is tired of it? Or maybe its just a relationship crisis?
    I think you should be happy that you met him, that you are together even though apart from each other

Comment

I'm curious as to how long it's been since you've seen each other as well. Even if you haven't seen each other in a long time though it strikes as confusing that he wouldn't send you a card even. Maybe it's time for a visit and some serious talking with him to see if you can coax out any ideas from him as to how he wants to make things work, and your future plans together.

Comment

Have you let him know what you're feeling? And if you have, how did he respond?

I know my SO is pretty disorganized, and often doesn't know what day it is until I tell him. I don't know if it's the case with your SO, but it's possible he was just distracted or busy. Don't assume anything until you've talked to him. We all know distance is hard, ask him how he's feeling about it right now. He could be stressed right now. It could be any number of things. Maybe he didn't have the time today, and he'll do something tomorrow? Just be patient and calm, and talk with him.

Best wishes.
        started dating: 12/08/12
        "i love you": 04/12/13
        el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
        montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
        el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
        montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
        el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
        el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
        el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
        san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
        san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Comment

Well we have been together for 3 years and have never met in person which adds to my stress a great deal. Its just not possible right now for either of us to make the trip we are hoping for early 2013. He did send me a video of him talking to me and I loved it. It was on an app we use and I hadnt checked it. I must of watched it 15 times in a row. He is starting a new job at the end of the month and all he had to go through to get hired was really stressful and I understand that but at the saem time I get frustrated because I'm a single mom of 3 kids with a horrible ex husband who pays zero in child support so i'm under a mass amount of stress on a daily basis and still make time for him for us. We had a very long talk today and I think we have worked most of it out. I have told him all of the same stuff before and it changes for a little bit but I think I just need to be happy with what I have and stop trying to make waves lol I'm really not used to being treated well at all. I got told on a daily basis by my pos ex husband for over half my life that i was a horrible human being , a slut , a fat ass, a bad mom ( my son is speical needs and my ex says I cased it by not playing enough xbox with him yeah i know he's a bright one lol) and everyother horrible thing you can think of so in a way I think I dont deserve to be happy or loved so i try and sabotage what I do have. I need to work on that. But we are both very committed to making this work. Thanks for listening. I don't know what I'd do with out this site.

Comment

That is awful girl. I know you're working on it, but I just want to let you know, never settle for being treated badly, it isn't fair to you or your kids. It's great that you've found someone better than your ex. things can only move up from here. :3 I hope your first visit is very soon, and I hope it's all you ever dreamed. : D

Comment

Working...
            X