Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanting to feel Vulnerable with him and vice versa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanting to feel Vulnerable with him and vice versa?

Hi everyone

I closed the distance with my SO, and moved from Australia to Asia, however we do not live together, but we can easily plan a meeting and meet up whenever we want. I have been in a relationship with him for a little over 1.5 years and our entire relationship was long distance, however we managed to meet once a year somehow while we were LD. because of the international call rates we both could not call much, and now the distance is over, we get to call almost everyday yeyy but i have a concern :/ we have already talked alot about each other, and know everything about each other, so even when we call, we talk normal day to day stuff, and i want to take the conversations much deeper. and what to know his vulnerable side, and i want to show him my vulnerable side, and it feel so hard to be that way, because i feel i should first get used to it.
    so you guys, do you have any ideas, tips ans to how i can be more vulnerable to him? and to make him feel secure to open up to me via phone, because we both have never really used phone calls in a daily basis to communicate for almost 1.5 years.
    how do you guys open up to ur SO s on the phone? which tips do u guys have?
    thanks in advance
    Last edited by Romeo s Juliet; September 14, 2012, 11:26 PM.

To be quite honest, it's really difficult to tell someone how to be 'vulnerable' with someone else ]: It's such a personal thing in that it's so different with everyone. But what do you mean by more vulnerable? Perhaps just simply being together and bringing up a 'vulnerable' topic might be enough -- have you tried that?
    "If you get hungry enough, they say, you start eating your own heart"

Comment

First off, congratulations on the move! That's a huge step and I'm happy for the both of you. As far as opening up and creating deeper conversations... well, I think that you should talk to him about it. Tell him that you want to open up lines of communication more. You may think that you know everything about him, but there is always something left unsaid or ideas to explore. I use to have days where the conversation kind of dropped off and we would end up in the same "Hi, how are you doing?" kind of repetition. Turns out that he noticed it too, but didn't want to say anything about it. Now conversations are a lot more fluid. In order to get him to open up, I first had to open up and talk to him. That's just how it goes. I love talking about our childhoods because there are always great stories to tell and they clue me in to a part of him that I would have never known if he hadn't told me. Just discuss random ideas, opinions, and memories. Eventually the conversations will get deeper. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by tanaquil View Post
        To be quite honest, it's really difficult to tell someone how to be 'vulnerable' with someone else ]: It's such a personal thing in that it's so different with everyone. But what do you mean by more vulnerable? Perhaps just simply being together and bringing up a 'vulnerable' topic might be enough -- have you tried that?
        yeah I think i should try to just bring up something like that and try to involve him in the topic thanks

Comment

Originally posted by milesofadoration View Post
          In order to get him to open up, I first had to open up and talk to him. That's just how it goes. I love talking about our childhoods because there are always great stories to tell and they clue me in to a part of him that I would have never known if he hadn't told me. Just discuss random ideas, opinions, and memories. Eventually the conversations will get deeper. Good luck!
          that is a great idea, thank you, yes i think i should initiate and open up about things i am not comfortable talking with anyone, and then try to invlve him in and ask about his experiences.

Comment

Working...
          X