feeling lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feeling lost

So my boyfriend of two years broke up with me last week, two days after our two year anniversary. It was really out of the blue for me. He just said he felt like this was getting harder every day with the distance and couldn't deal with seeing everyone else being in relationships around him when he can't even give me a hug when he wants. I asked him if we could take a break and he said no because he didn't want to give me false hope for the future. Then he said he had no interest in ever talking to me again because he just wanted to be alone. Eventually we decided to have no contact for a month then just check in on each other. I want to get back together with him but I don't think he wants to after some of the things he said last time we spoke. Has your SO ever done something like this? Should I just let it go at this point or is there even a chance that we could make it work?

Sorry to say but, he's not the right guy. He give up already, so I think giving your relationship a second chance will be kinda not good because it will just happen again (giving up).

Maybe try to find a guy who are willing to wait for you no matter what.
    After all that we've been through, It all comes down to me and you.
    I guess it's meant to be, Forever you and me, After all.

Comment

sounds to me like he is just done...and giving up...so to me that means he's not the right guy for you...if it was right...he would do whatever he needed to to be together...sorry...that has to be so hard...it hasn't happened to me...and i'm not feeling it will...we are so connected...and want the same things out of life and our relationship...this is my first long distance relationship...but i know she has been through 3 of them before me...so i know she can handle it...i don't worry about me so much...because i know she is worth waiting for...

Comment

Hey there,
        I'm sorry to hear, but I think it's over. Just like its been said before, I don't think he was the one. If he isn't willing to make it work and fight through how difficult it is, then he's not for you.
        Chin up, you never know what the future will hold

Comment

My SO disappeared two days after we had a fight. There was a lot of stress on both sides and his lack of action and communication got to me (despite talks).

I tried reaching out to him multiple times but he hasn't responded so all those talks of making it and doing anything to make us work.. Was meaningless. Don't hold onto hope that in a month you'll talk. Maybe he will change his mind, chances are slim to none though.

I hope you recover. It's not easy but at least you got closure.

Comment

Let him go.
            Made it official: 12-01-10
            First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
            Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

It will be hard but will get easier. Keep busy. After a month or 2 you may not want to reach out but it will be hard not to at first.

Make sure you actively better yourself and fight depression. I say actively because it does require you to be conscious about your thoughts.

Comment

"I love Freedom,
                That's why I leave all thing that I love free..
                If they come back, that's because I've won their hearts.
                If they don't... that's because I never had them anyway."

John Lennon

Comment

Thanks guys. I think i thought he might change his mind because hes been under an extreme amount of stress lately and starting to get depressed. And the fact that everything he told me that day was the opposite of anything hes ever said. We've always said that if we broke up due to distance we'd remain friends so it hurt when he said he never wanted to talk to me again. At the same time I'm glad to hear this from someone impartial because all my friends keep saying he'll realize it was a mistake and be back in a week which isn't exactly helping me to move on.

Comment

Working...
                  X