What do I do :( Pleasee help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do I do :( Pleasee help...

Last night my girlfriend said that I remind her of her ex so much that sometimes it hurts... I don't know how to take that? Like; forreal :\. I don't like the thought that every time I talk to her, she's thinking of her ex :s, it hurts me.. and it's going to be in the back of my mind every day.. what do I do? I don't wanna leave her for it.. but it's hurting ME. I found out that's why we always argue and that why she can't hardly talk to me.. I'm really lost right now.
    Rona A.
    &
    Tiffanee C.

Together since | x3.29.2014- ♥
    Met online | x3.22.2014 - Met at | Whisper (app)
    Met in person | x4.22.2014 - Met in | Lincoln City, OR
    Moved in together | Jun. of 2013

I don't like the thought that every time I talk to her, she's thinking of her ex :s, it hurts me.. and it's going to be in the back of my mind every day.. what do I do?
    It sounds like she isn't completely over her ex. You are not her ex, it is not fair for arguments to start because you remind her of them. Both of you need to sit down and talk about the situation. You might want to re-evaluate your relationship and see whether it can work or not. I would talk to her about how much it hurts you that she said you remind her of her ex. My SO used to bring up his ex on occasion comparing me to her (in a good way) but it still made me upset. I told him this and now knows not to bring her up. Hang in there! Hopefully you can both work through this and come out stronger! PM me if you need to talk.

Comment

Did she tell you what it is that remind her of her ex? Honestly, I don't see why someone would even go into a relationship with someone if it bothered them so much or reminded them of something painful. Well, unless it was as a rebound or something to try to fill a gap while trying to get over that person.

Regardless, good luck with this dear. I imagine that it's hard, but you can get through this, with or without her (depending on what you decide to do). ^_^;
      "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
      This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
      Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

Originally posted by XxFranticLovexX View Post
        Did she tell you what it is that remind her of her ex? Honestly, I don't see why someone would even go into a relationship with someone if it bothered them so much or reminded them of something painful. Well, unless it was as a rebound or something to try to fill a gap while trying to get over that person.

Regardless, good luck with this dear. I imagine that it's hard, but you can get through this, with or without her (depending on what you decide to do). ^_^;
        I am giving it a shot.. I do love her and don't want to break up with her. She is not yet over her ex.. she told me herself. But I'm going to be the strong one, and I'm going to try and help her get over her ex. She told me she does wanna be with me. For a long time.
        Rona A.
        &
        Tiffanee C.

Together since | x3.29.2014- ♥
        Met online | x3.22.2014 - Met at | Whisper (app)
        Met in person | x4.22.2014 - Met in | Lincoln City, OR
        Moved in together | Jun. of 2013

Comment

Originally posted by NeverToFarApartx3 View Post
          I'm going to try and help her get over her ex.
          This was a red flag for me. As much as you want to help her get over her ex, if there are aspects of you that remind her of her ex, she's not going to be able to get over her ex.

I don't mean to be harsh, but getting over an ex is something someone has to do for themselves. And preferably before they start a relationship with someone new. I'm sorry, but I can't see how she can get over her ex while she's in contact with someone who makes her think of her ex so much. How are you supposed to forget about someone when the person you're with reminds you of them every time you talk?

It's also unfair for her to argue with you so much because you are similar to her ex. She should be viewing this as a completely new relationship, and trying her best to NOT draw assumptions on you based on her experience with her ex.

I think she's just not ready for the kind of relationship you want to have with her, and this is stuff she has to deal with herself.

Comment

Working...
          X