Don't know when he's back, can't make plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know when he's back, can't make plans

Due to the nature of my SO job I don't know when he'll be back home (in total we'll have been apart for almost 3 months I reckon by the time he does get back). He'll be home some point late October... But then I don't know how soon in Nov he'll go back to work either so it's hard to make plans and stuff... Anyone able to relate to this? I'm not really asking for advice I guess as it's all outwith my control, except for maybe advice on how to deal with missing your SO when you don't know when you'll be together again and how long for?

I know how you feel! My SO moved for a job that was supposed to be just for the summer...now it's longer, and his company won't give him any solid dates...some days he is told he will be home mid October, other days it's as late as late November! It's very frustrating, and very hard when it comes to wanting to make plans (and even harder not having a concrete date on when to look forward to being together again!)

I found what works best for me is trying not to dwell on it (easier said than done I know :P ) , but just keeping busy, talking to him as often as is possible given both your schedules, and just keep telling yourself when it gets tough that even though you don't know when, you will be back together some day, and even though it can be really tough some days, he (and you two together) are worth it ! <3 Hope this helps, & feel free to message any time to chat! xo

Comment

My SO and I didn't experience work related distance (on our part anyway), but we did have to deal with not knowing when we'll be able to see each other for a while until we could get a better idea. We mostly stayed focused on each other and our own lives instead of realizing the time it may take to be together again.
      Unfortunately, my SO and I will experience this again when he starts basic training. Being in the military and not married means once he leaves, we will not be able to know for sure when we'll be able to see each other again, if at all. That's why I'd like to get engaged before he leaves make it easier on all of us(me) lol. I try not to worry about it, just keep your own life busy, and the days will go by. There will be good days and bad days, but that's what makes LDRs so worthwhile because regular relationships don't have to go through this. That's what makes us all here special
      sigpic
      Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
      Our first LDR ~ August 2009
      Closed the distance ~ January 2011
      He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
      Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
      He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
      Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
      Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

I feel your pain, although your situation is worse than what I had to deal with. My SO never pinpointed when he'd be able to return until a few days before he did and it was utterly infuriating, so I understand, but I am sorry this is worse.
        I can't give you any advice. There's no way to make him know the dates and times he'll be back. All you can do is have a stand-by ready for if he can suddenly come to you on a weekend or something and continue on with your life. Is there maybe a way for you to go to him?

Comment

Unfortunately I can't go to him, we are separated only when he works and he works away at sea. He won't always be too far away, but right now he's on average been 6000-7000 miles away. It's difficult as he works all day and we don't have contact some days. When we do, it's a bad satelitte phone. Thanks for understanding though.

Comment

Working...
          X