Ideas for surprise birthday visit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas for surprise birthday visit!

So I'm going to visit my girlfriend in... 51 days from today to surprise her for her birthday and I need some ideas for how to do it...
    She does know I'm coming, but she thinks its a week after the day itself.
    She knows her mom is helping me organise something for her on the day, but she thinks it's a present that her mom is holding for me, so this is what I was thinking I'd do:
    1. Tie the end of a long piece of ribbon/string to a short letter explaining what the string is for and give this end to her mom
    2. Every 15 meters or so attach some small present or another note continuing from the last one
    3. Run the string from her front door around as many corners and stuff as possible
    4. Then either attach the other end to her actual present, leaving it somewhere inconspicuous
    5. Get her mom to give her the first part of the string+note
    6. She follows string collecting as she goes
    7. I wait somewhere near the present so she sees it before me, when she gets there I wait for her to pick it up and say happy birthday

So yeah! Any feedback, ideas for improvement... anything really!
    Keep in mind we both love over the top stuff so anything I can do to make it more like that would be great

Also I accidentally posted this in "Closing the Distance" at first so if a mod could remove that for me... sorry!

It's a cool idea, and it's great her mum is so on board with it. I'm not sure I have a suggestion that would make it any cooler... however... if you can get a box big enough to hide yourself under (remember to add air holes) that would be pretty damn awesome.
    You could then either have her pressie in the box with you, or it could be either before or after your box in the string.

Welcome to the forums, good to have another bloke on board.
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

It's a cool idea, and it's great her mum is so on board with it. I'm not sure I have a suggestion that would make it any cooler... however... if you can get a box big enough to hide yourself under (remember to add air holes) that would be pretty damn awesome.
      You could then either have her pressie in the box with you, or it could be either before or after your box in the string.
      Said everything I wanted to XD

Comment

Thanks guys, That's a great idea! Now to find a giant box... ^.^

Comment

love it.. my so did something similiar and had a huge box so when i walked in i was like oh please be in that box and he wasnt i was devastated and then someone just grabbed me from behind and picked me up..so if you cant find a big big box to fit you in maybe thats another option

Comment

Aww that's so cute!
            I think I've come to the right forum

Comment

Working...
            X