THERES NO COLOR FOR LOVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THERES NO COLOR FOR LOVE

so i hve a bf, hes the best guy ever, hes the best guy i ever met in my life... he makes me smile and i feel butterflies when i talk with him... when i first meet him i knew i was gong to fell for him, hes much more what i want in a man, but Im in Costa Rica and hes in the USA, after 6 awesome months together he finally needed to went back, and i mkiss him like hell, so we have to struggle everyday with this feeling, being so far... and what is sad and really buggs me is that we are in 2012 come on! and people still bother us cause Im white and hes black... they said that we dont look good together, they even make fun of me saying that now i have a "dark side" i hate this and it make me SO MAD! THERES NO COLOR FOR LOVE!

That makes me sad to read. I feel sorry for those people who constantly see colors everywhere.
    Don't dwell on it too much and don't forget that there are many people who probably think you are a lovely couple and just don't mention it

Comment

Originally posted by MariaJH View Post
      THERES NO COLOR FOR LOVE!
      amen to this. i know what you are going through. for me its the otherway around tho but still ppl making fun of us.
      I dont know how it is in costa rica but here in Europe i see more and more black and white couples everday .

Comment

I concur! All is fair in love. I can totally relate-- only I don't get such overwhelming nasty reaction from my ends (I'm from the Philippines, btw). My hubby is white, while I have a tan skin. I couldn't believe that racism is still alive, but what can we do? There are really people who would want to find anything just to break something so beautiful, such as good relationship.

Comment

I totally agree with this. It is becoming less of a thing now, like you said its 2012! I think a lot of it is where you live...because here it isn't a big deal. But, just think there are probably many people who think you look cute together and jsut don't say anything. This will just make you guys stronger in the end.

Comment

sadly...for some certain areas of the world...this color things will never go away...for me...i could care a less...love doesn't see in colors...that's why they say love is blind....it's unfortunate that people still feel this way..but..not that i am in a interracial relationship...but if i was...i would have the same attitude that me and my girlfriend have adopted...who cares...as long as you are happy...kinda selfish maybe...but...you gotta do what is right for you...and not worry about others...

Comment

In the end, those people who have this narrow view of the world are the ones who are missing out! Just remind yourself that because you are open-minded and not like them, you have found the love of your life! You should feel sorry for them!
              First met online: June, 2010
              First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
              Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
              Third visit together: August, 2012
              Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
              Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
              Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
              Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

I know how you feel. When we're walking around the city people are always looking at us funny. I live in a place where we dont see many people that arent white. Ah well. They'll just have to get used to it

Comment

Ignore all those people. I'm South Asian, my SO is Latino and we both have to put up with stupid people, mostly my family and other older, South Asian people who take "racial purity" seriously.

To be honest, we both revel in it and just make it an opportunity to show off how happy we make each other. If they're making jokes that make you uncomfortable, you should make a joke that makes them squirm too. They're the ones who went out of their way to get offended at something that will never affect their lives. It's sad and unavoidable, but don't ever let it take away from your relationship.

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

As Long as you two are happy i dont see an issue. Ignore the others if they have a problem with it. Its not their relationship
                    " There is always hope.
                    "

Comment

They are just jealous

I have had a smiliar issue before.
                      That one guy I was dating was asian and his mother told me: 'You should leave because my son won't marry a white girl.'

Meh..
                      Let ppl talk as long as you have each others, that's all it matters

cheers < 3
                      ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

Working...
                      X