Update :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update :(

HI everyone. I haven't posted here in a while. Here's an update: I spent most of August with my fiance. His roommate didn't make things easy and we couldn't stay there (same issues as in June/July). While I was with him my SO's brother became very sick. He got admitted to the hospital and died less than 2 weeks ago (alcohol-related organ failure). I took time off work and flew down for the memorial (same roommate issues). The day after I left (which was 2 days ago) my SO was admitted to the hospital. They diagnosed him with pneumonia and today the doc says that based on the tests they've already run he thinks he has lung cancer. They're supposed to do a biopsy this weekend (with his insurance who knows when it'll be done) to know for sure. How do we cope in the meantime? He just called me and told me all this. I'm 2000 miles away and feel so helpless. I've already decided that if things take a turn I'm going to see if I can take a leave from work and fly back down to see him. If he's going to die he won't do so alone.

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry. The loss and the shock, wow. Your fiancé will be in my thoughts and prayers, and you as well.

Comment

*hugs* I really hope things aren't as bad as they sound!!!
      First met online: June, 2010
      First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
      Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
      Third visit together: August, 2012
      Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
      Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
      Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
      Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

You and your fiance are in my thoughts.

Comment

Praying for you and your SO!!!

Comment

omg i m so so sorry you and him will be in my thoughts. please be strong.

Comment

Wow I hope things turn out for the better and not for the worst for you both, as for how to cope with it I am not sure how to answer this. If it were me in this situation I would have called off work already and went to him, even though I would probably loose my job cause I wouldnt come back until he was out of the hospital lol. I suppose it might be the same, talk when ever you can and such. If you ever need someone to talk to you can message me even though we have never talked before lol, again never been in this situation and hope that your SO is out and back home soon but always willing to help out any way I can

Comment

This is a tough situation. I'm sorry for your loss and that you are going through so much right now (you and your so). One thing I want to say here, and I know that it may be hard to do, is STAY POSITIVE WOMAN! I hope and pray that things turn out for the best, but if not, that doesn't mean that he is automatically going to die! He needs you right now, and will need you even more so if the test comes back positive. Don't give up on him ever, especially before he has even been diagnosed. If things do go downhill, don't give up until you know that it's too late. If he thinks that the people he cares for have no hope for his survival then he will lose that hope himself and give up the will to fight to live. Besides, hundreds of thousands of people get diagnosed with cancer and still live a relatively long life with treatment.
                Now, since he hasn't been diagnosed yet, stay positive! Maybe the mass(es) that they think are cancerous will turn out to be benign, or they will catch it early enough for him to get better with treatment. Just hope and pray for the best. You may be freaking out over nothing, even if it is a scary thought.

I have never had a situation where my SO had been diagnosed with a (possible) terminal illness, and I hope and pray to God that I never do. I would probably completely fall apart before trying to compose myself enough to be there for them.
                I have, however, had a few family members diagnosed with cancer. It is what took both of my grandfathers lives, but my grandmother survived hers. My mother has a friend who is fighting now and has been for quite a few years. Cancer can be beat. It just takes strength, determination, and lots of hope. Good luck with everything dear. *hugs* <33
                Last edited by XxFranticLovexX; September 28, 2012, 11:37 PM.
                "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
                This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
                Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

Stay strong for yourself but moreso for him. Believe me, I know its easier said than done. Hopefully it won't be as bad as they're making it sound and you'll find ways of copying with it. If you ever need anyone to talk to feel free to drop me a message. Sending you heaps of positive thoughts. x
                  “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

Oh my god. How horrible. I'm praying for you!!

Comment

Did he say, he has been coughing up blood? That is one sign of lung cancer.

First Visit: September 2016
                      Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
                      Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
                      For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
                      John 4:12
                      I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

You and your SO are in my prayers, stay strong <3

Comment

Kerry, I am soooo sorry to hear this. ='[ He's lucky to have someone like you to be by his side.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I'm so very sorry... sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers towards you and your SO

Comment

I'm so sorry sweetheart--I've been keeping an eye out for your updates, and my prayers go out to you. Stay strong, and I hope for some good news soon! Much love and many hugs!
                              "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

Working...
                              X