Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to share my excitement :D

So, we're closing the distance!!!
    My SO and I have been together for 10 months now. I'm in Australia and he's in England, 10,591 miles between us, and we've not met yet. Our relationship has been completely based on Skype, phone calls and instant messaging on Watsapp. But we are finally going to be together!!! I fly out from Sydney on Thursday (4 days and 6 hours to be exact ) and I just had to share my news with someone!
    This will hopefully be the closing of our distance forever, although I have to return to Australia after my two year visa runs out, but I hope he will be able to come back with me

To all of those who are waiting to close the distance, I wish you all the best of luck. I know it's hard, the past 10 months have been the hardest of my life, but it's all worth it in the end.

awww how exciting^.^! good luck!
    Made it official: 12-01-10
    First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
    Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

Exciting congrats!

Comment

Yay! Congrats!!!

Comment

Congratulations!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Justalexi View Post
            So, we're closing the distance!!!
            My SO and I have been together for 10 months now. I'm in Australia and he's in England, 10,591 miles between us, and we've not met yet. Our relationship has been completely based on Skype, phone calls and instant messaging on Watsapp. But we are finally going to be together!!! I fly out from Sydney on Thursday (4 days and 6 hours to be exact ) and I just had to share my news with someone!
            This will hopefully be the closing of our distance forever, although I have to return to Australia after my two year visa runs out, but I hope he will be able to come back with me

To all of those who are waiting to close the distance, I wish you all the best of luck. I know it's hard, the past 10 months have been the hardest of my life, but it's all worth it in the end.
            aww congrats i flew down from Australia two weeks ago to be with my SO too wish you all the best

Comment

Congratulations!!!

First Visit: September 2016
              Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
              Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
              For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
              John 4:12
              I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Best of luck And congratulations.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Wow, going over for two years straight off the bat, that's a pretty big move. Best of luck to you both.
                    Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
                    First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

I'm happy for you : )
                      Grats !
                      ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

Congratulations and best of luck!!

Comment

hv fun!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCat View Post
                            Wow, going over for two years straight off the bat, that's a pretty big move. Best of luck to you both.
                            ^^^

I'm in an Australia to England LDR and I couldn't imagine doing the 2 year WHV as your first meet, especially seeing as you are the one going to live with him from the get go.

OP, I also see that you are hoping for him to move back with you after your 2 years there, I advise you to start looking into the Australian Partner Visas early on IF that is your plan, partner visas have an average processing time of 5-10 months, and it takes a good while to get everything sorted before you even submit the application. if you guys want to have him fly back to Australia with you once you leave the uk you'll have to get yourselves sorted out pretty quickly, unless you guys are happy for you to go back to Aus on your own for a few months and wait for his visa.

I know that all sounds overwhelming, but its definitely something you should look into sooner rather than later, me and my SO are going through the visa process for him to migrate to Australia from England so we know what you guys will be in for! We are THIS CLOSE to submitting his application, and there is A LOT to go through even up to the submitting application stage!

good luck on your super duper long first meet
                            Met Online: February 2009
                            Feelings grew: January 2011
                            First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
                            Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
                            Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
                            Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
                            Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
                            Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
                            Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
                            Engaged: 1st of July 2012
                            Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
                            Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
                            Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
                            Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
                            Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
                            Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

congrats, very exciting news, always nice to get a reminder that these things really can work out right,
                              Enjoy the adventure,
                              Trepis

Comment

Working...
                              X