Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Guy, High School Girl, 360 miles apart two and a half years age distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College Guy, High School Girl, 360 miles apart two and a half years age distance

Hi i met my SO online about a year ago. A site called chat-avenue. I thought I would never feel soo more in love than I am right now. I used to be addicted to chat rooms when i was like 15 16 and early 17. I had a player stage where I would use girls online to meet needs. Well so my SO was one girl I used. Well idk exactly how it happend but she changed me. I got more involved in church one day and when i went back to talk to her I broke down and cryed and apoligized and I dont know how we exactly clicked but we did. I met her about a year later which was this past july at a libaray in her home town while i was on vacation. As soon as I saw her for the first time I broke down crying, she was so beautiful to me and just was the most amazing girl i have ever seen and shes been through so much crap and hurt in her life. She was born from teen parents, who put her up for adoption, then she was later raped when she was 13 by an ex bf. Shes just such an amazing girl to be so strong and everything. Anyway We live six and a half hours apart and its harder for me sometimes than her. I'm a freshman in college and shes a sophmore in high school. I know shes younger and I know all that. But I really think God was me to be patienct for her and be with her. I think god was to see me be faithfull and wait out and have a good relationship with her. I just I need some insite. I Really would appreacte some help/advice or tips or what yall think about us. I am going to visit her again at thanksgiving or new years and then probaly spring break. But anyway yall tell me what you think.

I think you've got a good head on your shoulders. As long as you're being respectful of her (which it seems like you are) and not pushing her to do anything she doesn't want to do, you're on the right track so far. Just know that because of the age difference, people will judge, and that's normal. I think you're doing great. Best wishes!
    started dating: 12/08/12
    "i love you": 04/12/13
    el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
    montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
    el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
    montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
    el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
    el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
    el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
    san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
    san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Comment

Well whats funny is I didn't say this but after leaving after she met me there first time. She told me that just knew she was gonna marry me. So whats funny is shes trying to plan out our future which I LOVE

Comment

Sounds very similar to my own relationship. I recently closed the distance with my SO of three and a half years. He is three years older than me and we started dating at the end of his senior / my freshman year of high school. We went LD when he left for college. Now I'm a college freshman living in the same city as him once again.
        It sounds like you two really care about each other. If you both have the determination and keep up the communication, there is no reason that you shouldn't be able to survive LD and maybe even marry someday (Although, making such assertions a little early, aren't we? But who am I to judge love?).
        So screw the age difference. My mom is actually the one that told me "age is just a number". Her husband is 4 years younger than her. Her first real love was 17 years older than her (they didn't wok out only because of differing views on marriage). So age doesn't matter except where sex is concerned under law - so check the books if you're considering taking that step or have already.
        And screw the doubters. "Different area code, she doesn't have to know!" "Long distance never works anyway!" "Why bother?" Forget it all. Defy the odds. Best of luck and welcome to LFAD!

Comment

that is great and i can relate, i met my SO through facebook i think the most important thing is communication. and make sure you both talk in some way at least once a day.
          be it one hour skype everyday or 1 hour instant messaging or even a 10 min phone call. and its easy to do other things while we talk to our SO, like browsing other things while chatting etc, but make sure you at least devote 1 hour of undivided attention to her and same goes to her

you both are in a relationship but you both dont own each other, and you both are gonna have friends and a life apart from the relationship. its so easy to be jealous. but dont be, always make sure no matter all those other girls and guys she talks to and spends time with, she is with you and have chosen to be with you keep that in mind when you feel a bit jealous about the people who get to see her everyday, and about her guy friends

if there is something that is troubling you about something regarding the relationship, talk it out as soon as possible, dont wait around, if you do it will create more issues

there will be times you feel so angry and upset at her because sometimes in life we face situations where we both have to decide things, and not every time your opinion will be appealing to her, and not every time her opinion will appeal to you. understand this.
          when you both feel like you are pissed, things you both dont wanna really say may come out. and thats not a good thing.
          to avoid that take sometime off instant messaging/skype/phone calls till you both calm down. for me and my bf, thats what we do, and we never fight because we understand this really well and that has stopped us from creating arguments.

and well, always do little cute things out of the blue, give her a call when she least expect it, make vidoes, vlogs, share your life with her, the small details are the things that matter
          hehe

exchange clothing items like a sweater, my bf sent me a teddy bear through post, and that teddy became everyting to me, and when we met he brought me abother huge one :P and these things made the distance easy and bearable

the most important thing is trust. trusting her no matter what. because trust is the basic skill of all relationships

hope this helps
          good luck and welcome to the forum
          Last edited by Romeo s Juliet; October 1, 2012, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon Groce View Post
            She was born from teen parents, who put her up for adoption, then she was later raped when she was 13 by an ex bf.
            Are you sure your girlfriend would be ok with you telling random strangers on the internet this?

Comment

Yeah shes cool like that

Comment

Working...
              X