Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally, All Might Be Well

Hey LFAD!

Sorry, sorry, sorry for being shitty and disappearing -- I'm taking WAY too many courses and doing research so, when I do have free time, it's for homework and chatting with the SO. I feel bad since this forum is so awesome and has helped me through so much! I'll be in and out, but hopefully more 'in', than anything.

I'm going to brag a little bit, so feel free to ignore. In fact, I encourage the ignoring -- but some good is finally happening to our relationship and we're in a wonderful calm now.
    I came back Monday from a weekend trip to my SO -- to Texas! It was amazing. He greeted me at the airport with flowers and a teddy bear, took me out to shows, took me out to a fancy restaurant and, more importantly, allowed me to make him stay at home with me while we failed at cooking, ordered pizza and watched kung fu movies. :P I don't want to jinx anything -- but I hope things are going to be okay now, and we're both happy. He's finally stable, academically, and his family situation has calmed down so ... we're stable now!

Hopefully I haven't jinxed anything (now I'm nervous!). But I just want to post a random thread to let you know I haven't actively abandoned you guys -- it's the damn work and trying to apply for grad school and internships.

Cheers!
    Tanaquil
    "If you get hungry enough, they say, you start eating your own heart"

Aw that's great to hear! I'm glad things are going great for you and your SO and that you got a great visit together! I just came back from seeing my SO too (came back on Saturday) and already miss him but it was great too. I know I understand when people don't get on here much, we all get busy and caught up with things and of course talking and visiting with our SO's and spending time in our physical world is much more important than LFAD. But I'm glad you're back. I'm never very active on here, and when I am I mostly lurk around, occasionally posting. I hope all continues to go well with your life and relationship with your SO!!

Comment

Thanks so much!! <3 Definitely for the real world being more important than online world sometimes. >___>

And, yeah, the first few days after you come back from a visit are always the most painful, aren't they? D:

Comment

So jealous you were just in Texas! :P hehe but happy for you!!

Yes, the days immediately after a visit are soo soo hard... I spent about 3 days crying after I got home from my last visit... But it was also a turning point for us... a good one.
        First met online: June, 2010
        First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
        Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
        Third visit together: August, 2012
        Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
        Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
        Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
        Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

Your SO's in Texas, too? Which part! And I saw your signature and my SO and I will probably be meeting in Dec too. So far away....

And yes!!!! I cried so much my eyes started hurting and TSA agents had to hand me tissues.

Comment

He's in Dallas... We usually road trip to San Antonio when I go there because I am in love with that city and not that crazy about Dallas (mind, you I like it more than I expected I would before I first went there).

I'm not even sure if December will happen...

What part of Texas is your SO in?
            First met online: June, 2010
            First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
            Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
            Third visit together: August, 2012
            Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
            Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
            Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
            Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

Same for me, but you gotta be optimistic! It's the only thing you can do. BEST OF LUCK! And my SO is from Houston (: We went to undergrad together on the East Coast and he graduated and is back there, hehe.

Comment

So glad to hear that you are doing well and I hear ya with too many courses this semester! I feel like I don't have a social life and all my free time is spent sleeping or talking to my SO. Haha. Good luck with applying for graduate school and internships!

off-topic:
                I'm from Texas too! This past weekend, it actually felt like it was fall

Comment

Working...
                X