Frusterated beyond words right now!!! advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frusterated beyond words right now!!! advice needed

Now i joined Vonage(which is a phone company) to make international calling on me easier so i can call Denise anytime i wanted cause it said with the plan i got that it was unlimited, well come to find out that yes its unlmited and free including cellphones except to certain areas in the UK and guesse which area they charge you for??? *grumbles* THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT because now i have to pay money every couple of days if i wanna call Denise, which means i gotta figure out a way to make the minutes last so i dont have to keep constantly paying, i'm just so fucking tired of these roadblocks!!! I just wish she was with me now, and its only 28 days but it just seems to be going by so slowly! all i wanna do is talk to her for many hours because we both enjoy it alot, and it was a hell of alot easier when she had the internet which she can only get at the local library because she doesnt have a job yet, i wish things were fucking easier i hate this so much!! I have a tracphone that i can call her on but it has restrictions for her area but it can call the UK which makes no sense to me whatsoever! maybe when were living under the same roof we'll look back at this and laugh but i fucking hate this. advice please

ETA: Michelle delete the other thread in the Ramble on section and keep this one here

If I'm not mistaken, Skype has a feature where you can call a real number. I believe you have to pay, but it may be something worth looking into to see if, in the end, it's cheaper than Vonage. I'm so sorry you guys are hitting so many brick walls, I know it's heartbreaking and nerve-wracking. The closer you get to the time you see each other the longer the days and even minutes seem to get.

Comment

I use Vonage as well. They have "virtual numbers", and that may be an option to look into. Basically, you can get a number in the UK for $4.99/month. If they have numbers available in her area, you could get one that is a local to her. $4.99/month isn't bad over all, when compared to some per minute charges. If you're able to get a number in her area, she can use it to call you and it's treated as a local call for her, and you're not charged anything beyond the monthly fee. Granted, it wouldn't affect calls you make to her, but she could call you using that number. It's worked really well for me and my boyfriend for those times we have no access to the internet.
      Last edited by seshei; July 9, 2010, 09:05 AM. Reason: For clarification

Comment

I use Virgin Mobile and Skype but we are just USA/Canada so the plans work for that great! I hope you find an easier plan it can be so frustrating.

Comment

Not exactly the same I know but my boyfriend thought he had a cheap calling card from Aus to UK, but then I really rooted around the net and discovered it's often cheaper from the UK out. Found a discount dial site at 0.5p per min and also (if your partner has a BT line) BT have a £4.99 per month add on for 10 hours international calling a month....we burn that up quickly then I just revert to the 0.5p option.

Comment

If you have a stable internet connection I would also recommend Skype. The quality is very good and, as mentioned before, you can also call landlines and cell phones. So your SO wouldn't have to be on a computer, she would just need a phone.

Comment

Oh what about a magic jack? I have one works like a charm!! I just keep misplacing it need to put it somewhere safe and use it again. Buy a magic jack you can go online to purchase one!

Comment

thanks everybody, currently phone cards are gonna be our friend for awhile, meh better then nothing seshei- hmm i do like that idea i might do that at some point when she gets a regular house phone, Magic Jack sounds awesome and when i can i will defiantly get that! sadly at the moment i gotta rely on phone cards which give me 35 minutes which is not bad but i like talking to her for hours which will have to wait awhile, and its like only 3 weeks until she finally gets here

Comment

Have you tried Jaxtr , google it up I use to use it before I got my skype and magic jack and it works like a charm. See if your partners country is on the Free Connect list and you will be given an access number and your partner can sign up for one and you two can just dial into that access number and talk to each other FREE via a regular cell! Hope this helps no point in paying for calling cards if you can do this.
                  Last edited by USA2Canada; July 9, 2010, 04:05 PM.

Comment

oh yeah we use that every weekend, when she has free weekends on her cell, sadly she couldnt put money on it so i gotta wait until next week to call for many hours on the weekend.

Comment

Oh cool, Ive got only one more I know of that could help you thats a good price.

Jupee Numbers ( you can google that) - You can sign up for a virtual number for many countries I know that one of them is the UK! You can use it on a landline just fine. The cost of receiving calls with a virtual International phone number is $10 one time set-up fee and $15.99/ month. All incoming calls are FREE. Its pretty good my friend is using it and it works well!
                      Last edited by USA2Canada; July 9, 2010, 05:01 PM.

Comment

oooo thanks! its currently under construction but i'll look into it

Comment

Is the jaxtr thing really free? Like... no strings attached? No hidden fees?
                          First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 5000miles View Post
                            Is the jaxtr thing really free? Like... no strings attached? No hidden fees?
                            yeah it is! the only time its not free is if you wanna connect to the person your calling without them calling you back

Comment

Awesome. Thanks!
                              First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X