This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Completely Blissful

Good morning, good afternoon and good night to you all, depending on your respective locations and time zones. I arrived back 'home' from spending a wonderful week with my boyfriend, and despite the fact that he already made a posting in regard to how things went for us, I figured I'd add in my two cents as well since I know there were quite a few of you who were looking forward to hearing all about it and hey, who *doesn't* like to hear about great things more than once.

I arrived on Wednesday afternoon, having only slept about 4 hours the evening before, getting up at the crack of dawn (Who am I kidding, the sun wasn't even up yet!) and spending a whirlwind of time on two airplanes to get to my destination. Waiting impatiently for my carry-on luggage to pop up from the loading dock, I tapped my foot and bit down on my lip, only noticing after a couple minutes of this that I was doing so as it started to hurt. Walking down the corridor to where I knew my boyfriend would be standing, I had about a billion and one thoughts running through my mind and even I could tell that I was shaking with a medley of emotions running through me, nerves and excitement, not knowing what would lie ahead but also feeling more ready than I ever had been to finally see him.

Not 20 feet from the door that separated the section for ticketed passengers, I saw him through the glass and I instantly grew a smile on my face that I couldn't push away even if I had wanted to. I noticed his eyes light up when he saw me too and his smile definitely matched mine. I walked (as calmly as possible, which really wasn't...) up to him and he handed me a red and a white rose wrapped in lovely ribbons and as much as I would have loved to have just stood there and admired their beauty, the only thing I could think of in that moment was how badly I wanted to hug him. He wrapped his arms around me and as was obvious to him, I was shaking and he whispered in my ear that it was okay, and almost as if a light switch had been flipped, it stopped. I felt completely safe and comfortable in his arms and I didn't want him to ever let me go. After a little bit though, we kissed gently and walked hand in hand to the baggage claim, both of our smiles still firmly intact.

We had originally planned to go to dinner when he picked me up, but being as it was only 4:35 in the afternoon, it seemed silly and I wasn't hungry so we decided we'd go drop my things off at the house and then we could plan from there. Once we got back to the house though, food seemed like it was *far* down the to-do list as giving him gifts I had brought and cuddling took priority. It was finally late in the evening when we both succumbed to our rumbling tummies and went to get something to eat. We held hands at dinner and talked over things we wanted to do while I was there, and it was then that it became blatantly clear to me that I had a boyfriend that I could not stop kissing. Now I know that sounds cheesy and mushy and all that, but the truth is that I have never really felt like I wanted to kiss someone so much in a relationship and more-over, I found myself saying 'I love you' so many times that you'd think it would get old but I never got tired of saying it (and in reverse, I never ever got tired of hearing it).

The next few days were a complete blur, so many things happened and I felt like we grew even closer than I could have imagined. I met his mother and we went out to dinner with friends, I got drunk and used far too much toothpaste (which he found the next morning all over the bathroom sink because I refused to turn on the bathroom light in my drunken state), we shared so many sweet moments and laughs but we also shared some of our concerns and some tears as well. We also took a trip out on Friday to an absolutely beautiful place called Homestead Meadows that we had heard of and agreed we would take the time to go look at while I was there. It's a very large and unique place for weddings and things like that and I think that boyfriend and I both agreed that when it comes time to plan that it will be very high on our list of venue choices.

We spent my birthday snuggling, he made me a delicious breakfast and we watched the Packers football game which was a lot of fun and he poured gifts onto me so much more than was necessary which I was all too quick to tell him but he insisted that I deserve it and that he wanted to make me happy for my birthday because he knew that my previous one had been pretty darn lousy. I smiled and cried and just admired the man that he is and just how important it is to him to make me feel special and needed and wanted.

We did quite a bit of shopping (again, I told him that he was spoiling me tooooo much, but he kept right on! ) and spent even more time with friends, I ended up going with him to watch him do his league bowling and we even went to Lambeau Field for dinner (the stadium where the Packers play) and had lots more laughs with two of his friends that I met and grew very fond of.

One of the BEST parts of the whole trip was when we were laying in bed one night, we had just watched a sappy sweet romantic movie and we're cuddling and talking and he just starts telling me all these things that he promises and then as if out of nowhere (I have NO idea where he was holding it!) he pulls the gorgeous promise ring that he got for me and slips it onto my finger. Of course when I realized what he was doing, my heart was slamming about a million miles a minute and I couldn't help but start crying and keep on hugging him and kissing him and telling him how much I love him. It was just such a sweet moment and I think I'll remember that for quite a long long time.

I suppose this post seems so long to people who may be on the outside looking in and for that I apologize but the truth is that my words above don't even begin to describe how amazing those seven days made me feel, how very hard it was to walk away from him at the airport when I left, and how eager and ready I am to go home to him when the time comes in the near future. I am so very lucky, so very blessed, and I love him even more than I knew I was capable of... It's a silly reference but I believe just like the Grinch who stole Christmas, my heart may have even grown a few sizes in the embrace of my best friend, my love, my boyfriend, my 'mine'. I hope you've all (well those who made it this far) enjoyed reading about our time together and please feel free to comment/ask questions as you see fit!
    Jacob&Heather

Met: June 2019
    Dating: December 2019
    First Meeting: April 2020 (Coming soon!)

"Simple as can be."
    - Florida Georgia Line -

<3

Thanks for sharing! How sweet!
    First met online: June, 2010
    First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
    Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Third visit together: August, 2012
    Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
    Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
    Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

Thats fantastic glad you had a great visit
      " There is always hope.
      "

Comment

Originally posted by Verojoon View Post
        <3

Thanks for sharing! How sweet!
        It was SO great!!
        Jacob&Heather

"Simple as can be."
        - Florida Georgia Line -

Comment

Originally posted by Sharon Q View Post
          Thats fantastic glad you had a great visit
          Thank you, it was fantastic!
          Jacob&Heather

"Simple as can be."
          - Florida Georgia Line -

Comment

Awww, ^.^ I teared up reading this, im so sappy xD
            Made it official: 12-01-10
            First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
            Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Halloween View Post
              Awww, ^.^ I teared up reading this, im so sappy xD
              Girl, you and me both, I am SUCH a baby when it comes to romance!!
              Jacob&Heather

"Simple as can be."
              - Florida Georgia Line -

Comment

my sweet girlfriend...such the literary genius...makes my thread seem so...blah...lol...i really did love spoiling you...it's been so long since anyone has...maybe i won't always be able to do that...but i'm glad i could now...it was such an amazing week...best i have had in a very long time...and your roses are still thriving...lol...soooo can't wait till you come home for good...mmhmm...that's right...i said "home"...i love you my sweetheart....my perfect

Comment

Goodness gracious, I love this post!
                  Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Awwwwwwww...

Comment

something else i forgot to mention...that i thought was really cute while she was here...the last night we were together...we were laying in bed...and about to fall asleep...and i positioned myself so that our mouths were almost together...and i regulated my breaths so that when she was breathing out..i was breathing in...and she kinda woke up at one point...and said...what are you doing...and i told her what i was doing...and that the reason was that so i would have her all over and throughout my body...because she was leaving the next day...and i needed that....kinda weird i guess...but...makes me feel a bit more at ease...

Comment

Lovely post I always find it so heartwarming to read happy stories like this!

Comment

Originally posted by D.4C View Post
                          something else i forgot to mention...that i thought was really cute while she was here...the last night we were together...we were laying in bed...and about to fall asleep...and i positioned myself so that our mouths were almost together...and i regulated my breaths so that when she was breathing out..i was breathing in...and she kinda woke up at one point...and said...what are you doing...and i told her what i was doing...and that the reason was that so i would have her all over and throughout my body...because she was leaving the next day...and i needed that....kinda weird i guess...but...makes me feel a bit more at ease...
                          i can TOTALLY see my SO doing this, haha.

But what a wonderful story you guys! So glad things went wonderful for you two <3

Comment

So happy you had a great time! It's all the little special moments that make an LDR worthwhile...cherish them! Your ring is so pretty btw!

Comment

Such a great story and, H.Mikenzi, you write so well!! I hope to have a story like this to post 6 months from now!
                              February 2012 -- met online
                              August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
                              April 2013 -- met in person
                              June 2013 -- broke up
                              July 2013 -- back together
                              August 2013 -- 2nd visit
                              October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
                              April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

Working...
                              X